• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Projection is in Linda McMahon lost

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Source Rajah.com

FOX News is projecting Democratic Candidate Richard Blumenthal defeated Republican candidate Linda McMahon in the United States Senate race out of the state of Connecticut.
NBC News has also projected Blumenthal defeated McMahon, although no margin of error was given.
CNN projected based on raw exit poll data a potential 15 point margin of victory for Blumenthal.

This is great news for selfish reasons...I hope that the WWE starts taking more risk and become once again what it was during the Attitude Era. I doubt it though. Serves the WWE right for boring us with those stupid right to vote campaign promos. Sorry Vince...better luck next time. :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This definitely good news as a fan, but now will the rating go up? That I don't know yet, it will definitely be a wait and see type of scenario. If I was Vince, I would definitely make it PG 14 again so it brings all the former fans he lost, but only time will tell what will happen.

Konshentz

Konshentz
If they up the rating, I'll definitely make it a point to come back to the WWE. We can only hope that happens. Haha.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really think this won't result to any sort of change in programming...I disagree with Linda's policies but to be honest I'm just glad she lost b/c they made such a point of mixing politics and WWE programming.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think McMahon losing will mean absolutely nothing in regards to the PG rating...they aren't doing that just because of the campaign.

Hopefully it will stop the other crap like Stand for WWE and such.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
One of the biggest reasons they went to PG was because of Linda. I know it's not the only factor since the WWE believe they should catter to a younger audience. I just hope that they'll start allowing blood, or not change the name of a finishing move like FU.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
One of the biggest reasons they went to PG was because of Linda. I know it's not the only factor since the WWE believe they should catter to a younger audience. I just hope that they'll start allowing blood, or not change the name of a finishing move like FU.
Do you know dates? When did they go PG and when did Linda announce that she was running? That would be interesting to compare.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure of the exact dates, but I believe it was somewhere along the time of 2008.

Let me explain myself a bit more about the rating, I don't want them to go back to where you saw girls wrestling in bras and panties. The WWE did pretty well with kiddie-oriented fare in the 80's, and TNA isn't exactly rolling in success despite blood and sex in nearly every quarter-hour.

I just believe they should be more open to gradually reintroducing edgier elements. Not necessarily a thing where you turn on Raw this coming Monday and Cena's telling Barrett to go fuck himself, but maybe the occasional intentional blood or swears or controversial angles.