Project Playlist..ugh!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ysabel, Apr 4, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

First it was Youtube. WTF is up with Youtube? Now, it's Project Playlist.

I was looking forward to enjoying some music this morning on my usual playlist until I saw popups regarding licensing and how I cannot listen to several of my songs anymore. Wtf? I went to the Playlsist forum and other users seem to share my sentiment.

Then I searched the web and found this:

No wonder.

I'm still bummed though. I do agree with the Gartner research recommending that labels should rather fully invest in online distribution alternatives (especially for first releases) instead of propping up CD businesses. Sometimes I discover artists first by these free online streams and then decide my CD purchase from it. I hope the lawsuits are dropped by the other labels so I can go back to enjoying my list.

2. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

My cousin told me about project playlist and I have yet to still sign up for it. I think it's a great music service. Hopefully they resolve their issues so that you can go back to listening to "Never gonna give you up." I know how much you love that song. :D

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah right, it's on top of my playlist. :stare:

Haha, well maybe when you sign up now it wouldn't bother you as much because you'll just start your list and they show which ones you can't have. It's just more annoying when you already have something working before and now it won't work. It's like something was taken away from you.
    ------
    :shifteyes: Somehow, several playlists (including mine) have been fully restored and restrictions disappeared today. Hopefully it stays that way!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  4. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Goddamnit. Pandora's next.

5. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I hadn't heard about this. I have visited project playlist in awhile though.

6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

imeem seems to be going strong. I just opened my account and checked a handful o' links, including one to an EELS song of which my uploaded vid got blocked on YT.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It's fine now. It was just for a few days and everything went back to normal. They probably got a lot of complaints, so much that they "fixed" the issue right away.