[PROJECT] Building a PC into a mini-bar or wine cooler

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mirage, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm planning to build my next computer into a mini-bar with a clear glass front door. I'd have to make sure it wouldn't be too cold but if done right I think that might be a pretty cool setup. I could keep drinks in it too. :)

Anyone else ever thought about doing anything like this?

2. Hi_Im_Tim

Hi_Im_Tim I am Heavy Weapons Guy

That would be interesting, just don't spill your drinks!

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I can only think of one problem with this and that would be the condensation that collects on everything in the refrigerator, do you have something to prevent this? It would be a nightmare if you fried your computer over something like that.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That happens only if you really turn down the temp though. This wouldn't be nearly as cold as a refrigerator.

5. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

So, you're going to essentially put a PC into a wine cooler? Hmm, how to do that...

I'd suggest putting the pc stuff UNDER the cooler. (or above it, that might be better). You could always interlace the refrigeration into the PC cooling system, and cool stuff that way.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I was thinking about getting the parts I need to re-create my famed "Legoputer" that was pretty popular, or unpopular, depending on who you are.