• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Program suggestion

peteh

I want to block facebook on my computer from my kid. Any good software?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's true, that's why I asked how old the kid is. I used to bypass proxies in High School all the time, easy as cake. But for a younger child I think it would be difficult.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
I thought you asked the age of the kid because you wanted to know why the parent wanted to block it.

Ivan

Registered Member
You don't need any program. You can just edit your hosts file.
If you are on Windows platform go to local disk --> Windows --> System32--> drivers --> etc --> hosts... Open hosts file with notepad and edit it. You need to put local ip adress for facebook.com (you are changing adress on which browser will lead for some domain name) so that when you go to that adress through your browser you will be redirected on a local machine. Local IP adress is usually 127.0.0.1 so you can type in :
"127.0.0.1 www. facebook.com
127.0.0.1 facebook.com"
in you hosts file and kid would not be able to go to facebook. And I doubt that he knows for this file if he is not older kid.

Last edited:

toocool

Registered Member
internet explorer.

to block:
Tools;
Internet Options;
Content;
in the content advisor section, click enable;
have a play around with that (i think its in the approved sites. cut and paste the facebook url and select never. i THINK that's how it works. been ages since i used it.