Movies Product Placement

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I was watching Hellboy and had to laugh at how obvious the product placement for Red Bull was. The actor might as well have commented on how delicious it was, and then turned to the camera and smiled. Really, I usually find product placement more amusing than anything, but it does seem to cheapen films. So what do you think about it, and what are some of the most egregious examples you've seen?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't think any on the top of my head when it comes to movies, but in Seinfeld you see a lot of Apple products(computers) I wonder how much they paid the show to display them on numerous episodes.

Twitch

Registered Member
They might have done this for it to be obvious, but in one of the Spiderman movies, Spiderman runs across a rooftop with an American flag waving behind him.

This:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
The worst is when the product is actually part of the movie plot itself:

Herald and Kumar Go to White Castle

I wonder how much White Castle paid? :lol:

Wade8813

Registered Member
I don't mind product placement as long as it more or less fits into the movie. Like any time a character gets into a nice car (which is often an important part of a movie), and you happen to notice that it's a Lamborghini, or whatever.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't notice it in movies as much as tv shows. Like the plugs for Ford when I was watching Alias were so annoying.