• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Problem with poker chips

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if the poker chips are counting properly or what. It says I only have 564 chips right now, but I don't know how I don't have a lot more than that. I've made over 640 posts in the last 30 days, in addition to several hundred chips that I had won in poker in recent months.

Do the chip counts depreciate over time? If so, they depreciate way too fast.

dDave

V.I.P.
I thought that you gained poker chips based on how many words your posts consisted of. I remember back when some people would actually spam to get chips (I don't believe any of them are around anymore).

Anyway, it doesn't sound right to me.

I do want to confirm that they DO depreciate over time, I have no idea what the numbers are on that though.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I may not make the wordiest posts, but they aren't exactly short and pointless. My chip count should definitely have gone up significantly in the past month or two, but it has not. Either it is completely stuck, or it is depreciating faster than I can reasonably add to it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm not a fan of chips depreciating. If I've earned the chips, they shouldn't be taken away just because I'm not around posting. What if I go on hiatus and come back, wanting to play poker? I shouldn't have to bum chips of others. Haha.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have 22,000 poker chips and I am pretty sure I had more than that not that long ago.

And I've posted a ton...so I am kinda confused what's going on too.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chips depreciate over time. It's some small amount but if you are away from GF for a year or two you probably ran out completely. For active members this is never going to be an issue.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
But it is proving to be an issue. I should have a lot more chips than I currently have.

I actually think I'm just not getting any chips for any of my posts. It's been stuck on 564 for a while. Does it have something to do with the contest?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Keep an eye on it for the next day or so and let me know if it's broken. I may have to look into it. I want to redo the chips system at some point anyway.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Just to update: I still have 564 poker chips. It has not gone up or down at all.