• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Problem with my camera..

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I'm trying to upload pictures onto my computer from my camera, however when I click "open and view" it comes up with a message:

"The following error occurred while finding pictures and videos to import: The filename, directory name or volume lable syntax is incorrect"

Does anyone have any idea what this means, or how I can try and fix it?

Impact

V.I.P.
My friend had the same issue you had. Apparently it happens when you open the battery area when the camera is processing something and it corrupts your files. Not sure on a fix though, sorry. Just make sure you don't open the battery area while your camera is on in future.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
My mum was in charge of taking the pictures today and I wasn't around, so I have no idea if she opened the batteries or not..

It's a shame because I really want to get the pictures onto the computer.
Thanks for the reply anyway Imp :)

Impact

V.I.P.
Okay, I did some googling (thank god for google) Apparently you can use this site to recover corrupt files from your memory card. I have no idea if it actually works because i've never had the issue myself, but the replies I found seemed promising

JaneSmith

Registered Member
Do you have software that goes with the camera? Sometimes Windows doesn't pick up certain products and you have to use another product. Try arcsoft, I think it's free. Or it could be your memory card, could also be that you have video on your memory card and just not photos.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Do you have software that goes with the camera? Sometimes Windows doesn't pick up certain products and you have to use another product. Try arcsoft, I think it's free. Or it could be your memory card, could also be that you have video on your memory card and just not photos.
I do have software for the camera, but it doesn't matter now as my flatmate managed to fix it. No idea how to be honest haha but thanks for the input!!