Pro Bowl DE Umenyiora hurts left knee

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I read something this morning that he's out for the season. For some reason I cant find where I Saw it.

3. Babe_Ruth

Wow if he's out for the season then this is terrible news for the Super Bowl champs. They lost Strahan to retirement, now they might lose Umenyiora to a knee injury. That blows big time for the Giants.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I read on ESPN.com that it was ligament damage and he has to have surgery. He's out for the season.

They just lost someone who might be the best pass rusher in the NFL.

5. Millz

They are now seeing if Strahan might want to come back. 8 million for this season appears to be the asking price. They need him, that's for sure.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

But if they do hopefully Strahan won't pull a Brett Favre.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Ask to be traded? The Giants want Strahan. It's the complete opposite of Favre/Green Bay.

8. Millz

haha yeah they won't be trading him. The whole reason they want to bring him in is because they are lacking so much at defensive end.

9. Babe_Ruth

The Giants will be moving Kiwanuka to DE because of the injury to Umenyiora. Also like a few people mentioned there trying to get Strahan to come out of retirement.

10. Millz

They've lost 5 starters on the defense from last year...that's gonna hurt. I just saw that on ESPN...didnt know they lost that many.

Gibril Wilson (signed with Raiders)
    Umenyiora (hurt)
    Kawika Mitchell (Signed with Bills)
    Michael Strahan (retired)

And there was one more person but I forgot who it was.