Pro Bowl 2010 official thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was thinking of calling the thread title Shitty Bowl, but I decided to go with Pro instead.

First off, it's a big joke that it's one week before the Super Bowl, and second everyone is backing out of this "All Star" game.

There's usually any hard hitting in this game, except the Sean Taylor tackle a few years ago.

Anyone will be paying attention at this game?

The only thing that I'm curious to see is Ocho Cinco, he stated that he wanted to kick in this game.

I'm actually going to watch the Pro Bowl this year just to see Aaron Rodgers play one last time before the drudgingly long offseason starts. :(

It's going to be even worse than usual though with pretty much everyone dropping out due to injuries/being in the Superbowl. Moving it to the week before the Superbowl was possibly the worst idea Goodell could have possibly come up with. How about instead of moving the Pro Bowl a week before to kill the void between the conference championship game and the Superbowl you move the Superbowl a week earlier instead!

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Reasons to watch Pro Bowl:
1) Ocho Cinco
2) uhhhhhhh

How sad is the state of the Pro Bowl when I decided I will watch the Senior Bowl on TV today but not the Pro Bowl. Goodell, whom I really liked, absolutely butchered the Pro Bowl situation this year.

First, he takes it out of Hawaii, the only place in the States that gave a damn about the thing and puts it in Miami, where no one could care less. Then, he is forcing the SB players to particapate in this bullshit event. Absolutely atrocious. Like Woody Paige said earlier this week, if I'm the Colts or Saints, I'm taking the fine for not showing up for this event. Even if it's for one day, it's a shame that these players have to leave their teams on SUPER BOWL WEEK to watch the f'ing Pro Bowl.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont know if there's one good idea to do with the Pro Bowl. I actually prefer it before the Super Bowl then after it. Once the Super Bowl happens I'm cashed out on football and I'll stop caring all together. At least right now football is in the front of my head and I'll actually watch the game this year.

Do they still do a skills challenge? That is the only thing I found entertaining about "all-star weekend". I agree with most of you, the Pro Bowl (or Shitty Bowl ha) is just a big waste of time.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Geez, I don't know about the skills competition. I watched it one year and found it pretty entertaining. I remember two events: the QBs had to move downfield and hit targets moving on golfcarts I believe and a kicker competition where the kickers played H-O-R-S-E with field goals from anywhere on the field.

Although seeing how well kickers have been doing over the last few weeks, that event could be ugly. :)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wasn't able to watch the whole game since I was watching wrestling and basketball, but it seemed like it was a high scoring and entertaining game. Matt Schaub won the MVP, the AFC had 513 total yards, so let's just say that defense wasn't all that high, but I heard there was a few big hits which is good to hear.

Thoughts on the game for the people who watched it?

If NFC had put Rodgers back in like the AFC put Schaub back in they would have won it instead.

Lots of players for the most part were definitely just going through the motions and not trying hard at all. It really didn't feel like a real football game at all. Mcnabb looked horrible. Most of these guys should have never been in this game.