• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Prison system fires 32 guards after inmate deaths

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm glad they fired them but I also hope they prosecute them for murder. Anyone that scalds someone to death deserves to be in prison themselves.

I wish crap like this wasn't constantly being covered up. If a prison guard or cop, anyone in a position of authority, commits a crime prosecute them. I see it as worse when they do it.

Florida prison system fires 32 guards after inmate deaths: Miami Herald | Reuters

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Thats just too weird. It means that somebody could go to prison for a minor offense and get killed. Its just wrong on so many levels. What they seriously need is surveillance cameras to watch the guards. Then if they do something wrong they needa be arrested and punished. I mean if people dont get called for what they do then they will just do it again.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If it hadn't been for the American Civil Liberties Union the state may have been successful in covering it up. So they knew about it and just wasn't going to do anything.

I still think cameras on the guards is a good idea. It might cause them to think twice about killing someone or just letting them die. I guess anyway, there may already be cameras everywhere considering its a prison.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
This is a sensitive subject, I think. We can't even begin to understand how difficult it must be to keep these guys in check and discipline them. At the same time, I sometimes wonder if these guards aren't a bigger problem than some of the inmates. I am not a psychologist or a profiler, but I can imagine that the type of person that wants that kind of job might be someone who has a need to feel superior and crave authority, albeit misguided.

I just think that it takes a certain person to be a prison guard. I'm just glad if there was foul play, it was discovered.