• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Prison or Poverty?

Heres the late Poll, Make your selection

• Total voters

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Its a good bloody question. Just a few things that I would like to ask...

1. what offense would you have to do to get in jail?
I kinda left that up to your own creativity. Then I got to thinking about how much more interesting it would be if members who opted for Jail time, what would they do to get in there in order to avoid the poverty line? So I created this thread here:

http://www.generalforum.com/general-discussion/those-who-chose-prison-56589.html

Hasnt got much of any attention yet really though.

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
I'll take poverty. At least I'm still free, and maybe things would eventually turn around. I really don't like I could handle being locked up for any amount of time. I would go insane.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I would have to say prison. As much as I believe that freedom is priceless and that everyone should have the right to freedom I would pick prison. If I have no family and no way of making money then it seems the better option as you get food and shelter etc. Even thought it may be tough, it still keeps you alive.

Skylar

Keepin' It Real
So I figure I'll probably just run over a few homeless people or something and land myself in there for a couple years via multiple vehicular homocide counts. .
I was ran over by Icegoat,and lived, and spent some in the hospital, yay me!:lol:

Seriously though. I think I'd choose poverty before I'd ever choose prison. No way I want to be locked in a small cell, being told what to do and when. I'd be a drifter and I have no doubt I'd manage to survive.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't commit prison worthy crimes even if I had no other option. For me, something being right or wrong, or even ok isn't determined by my situation. Stealing is wrong regardless of how badly you need something.

I guess I'd be a bum on the street if it came down to that or go to prison.

Skylar

Keepin' It Real
I wouldn't commit prison worthy crimes even if I had no other option. For me, something being right or wrong, or even ok isn't determined by my situation. Stealing is wrong regardless of how badly you need something.

I guess I'd be a bum on the street if it came down to that or go to prison.
Stealing is wrong, but what if you were starving, absolutely hungry. Would you risk stealing food from a grocery or home?
Would it be so terribly wrong really, if you took only what you needed to survive?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I would choose poverty, you get to keep your freedom, and there are always places that will help with some food and some form of shelter.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'll take poverty. I don't want anything on my permanent record when I try getting a job later.