• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Prison Break

dDave

V.I.P.
I've recently started watching Prison Break. I was unsure about how I would like the show going into it but I am really enjoying it.

I just finished up episode 7 and I think the show is not only excellent but great. The writing and acting is top notch.

Anybody else watch this show?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yeah. I've actually watched it start to finish twice within the past couple of years. I never watched it while it was airing on TV, but ended up giving it a shot when I came across it on Netflix.

It's a good show, with some great characters.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons. Three & four were good, but not on the same level.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah. I've actually watched it start to finish twice within the past couple of years. I never watched it while it was airing on TV, but ended up giving it a shot when I came across it on Netflix.

It's a good show, with some great characters.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons. Three & four were good, but not on the same level.
Well, what I'm mostly concerned about is the fact that it looks like they're going to break out of prison even before the first season ends? What will they do with the next 3 seasons (and a movie).

I'm guessing they're going to go on the run and then get sent back to prison and they'll probably break out again. :lol:.

The show is surprisingly dark with some light undertones but mostly just dark. I wonder how well it represents what it's actually like to be in prison (minus the language of course), it's fairly violent though.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
All I have to ask is that you keep an open mind. Prison Break falls off pretty hard after season two but finds a creative way to redeem itself afterwards. The characters are what keeps you interested but not the story. Prison Break was a victim of the writer's strike and a lack of long term vision.

The series as a whole was good. The first two seasons were perfect.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I watched the first two seasons. Can't remember if I started the third, or quit after the second. I loved the first season. The second season lost my interest.

Clare

Registered Member
Well, what I'm mostly concerned about is the fact that it looks like they're going to break out of prison even before the first season ends? What will they do with the next 3 seasons (and a movie).

I'm guessing they're going to go on the run and then get sent back to prison and they'll probably break out again. :lol:.

The show is surprisingly dark with some light undertones but mostly just dark. I wonder how well it represents what it's actually like to be in prison (minus the language of course), it's fairly violent though.
Without giving too much away their breakout attempts are not all smooth sailing, haha. You've pretty much hit the nail on the head with your prediction though.

I think if you like action series then you'll like this show. The characters were well developed too... as Doc said you'd probably watch it more for the characters than the storyline past a certain point. I didn't like it all that much but that's more just because it's not really my kind of show.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Now that I think of it, season four was pretty bad. I liked the series finale (no, not the "Final Break" awfulness) but that's about it. It just got a little too crazy for me.

But I'd rank the series finale in my top 10-15 of all time.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm with Det when it comes to the way the series ended. It was cledar that they had to string together a random plotline after the main premise of the show was over.

I think that it would have been better as a one or two season epic miniseries like Band of Brothers.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I never got past halfway through season 2, just lost interest. I think that it should've finished at season 1, leave you on a cliff hanger to wonder what happened.

Elanor

Registered Member
I remember watching the first season back when it first aired in the UK. I really enjoyed it. The storyline was an interesting new take on the jail break scenario, and the characters were interesting and well written. But season 2 lost me, I then only watched odd episodes of the remaining seasons. It is one of those shows that one day I will re-visit and and try and stick with.