Princess Monoke

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What do you think of this movie? I think it's the best anime movie out there. It might be long but it's really interesting the graphics are amazing, and I just love that Ashitake. He's a really cool anime character.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I haven't seen it yet it comes on cartoon network March 18 I think I will watch it then. It looks pretty good so I'm excited about seeing it.

D

Destined Sayuri

I really loved that movie. Personally I thought it was brilliant. Great graphics and an interesting story along with a beautiful music score by Utada Hikaru (she always does nice work). It caught my interest from the very beginning, right up to the end. I'd give it a 10 out of 10

Princess Mononoke was another great Miyazaki work.

A

acidmix

This is a really good movie. I've been debating wether or not I should get it on region 1 or region 2 dvd.
Another good thing about this movie Billy Bob Thorton is a voice actor in this movie.

Vegito728

Registered Member
It was a very good movie. I probably say it's just as good if not better then spirited away. The only thing I didn't like was that the ending felt rushed other then that is was good.

A

Angel03

I enjoyed the movie the movie. But I would have to say that even I liked Spirited Away more. For Princess Mononoke I thought the cast was chosen very well. Each actor/actress played their role very well in making believable characters. The story was enchanting and different from other movies.

(Its Mononoke not Monoke.....FYI)

Its a great film. I watched this for the first time in middle school. Its really what got me into anime, it is so well put together, and the well we all know that Miyazaki is absolutely brilliant.

I reccommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it.

A

A.M. Radio

This is probably my favorite anime movie. It's, well, perfect in every way. Probably because of the many parellels between this, and Miyazaki's Nausicaa (manga, not the movie).

Reading Nausicaa will help you understand both San and Lady Eboshi so much more. I am not kidding. Hey, Miyazaki himself said that he made Mononoke because he was very disatisfied with the ending of Nausicaa (which does happen to be one of the single greatest pieces of written fiction ever concieved).

Lady Eboshi and San are some pretty heavy characters. I mean, since we see them fighting, we automatically start contrasting them. No, we are supposed to compare them. They are almost the same character, except with different circumstances that give them completely different goals. Much like Nausicaa's Princess Kushana, we are supposed to love them, understand them, but not side with them.

D

Destined Sayuri

hmmm.. Sounds like something i'm gonna have to go buy... Thanks for the info ^_^

B

Blitz

Very good movie! My favorite of his works.

I think the animation is great, not to mention the characters and story as well. That arm of his is pretty cool, even though it's cursed o_O