• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Princess does a $7.7 million runner': police called over alleged unpaid hotel bill

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
A Saudi princess was caught trying to leave the Shangri-La hotel in Paris without settling a six million euro ($7.7 million) bill for her rooms, police said on Saturday, confirming a report in the daily Le Parisien.

Read more: 'Princess does a $7.7 million runner': police called over alleged unpaid hotel bill
Haha! I think this is the biggest 'dine and dash' type story I've ever heard of! Did she really think she could get away with this and they just wouldn't notice that she never paid the 6 million euro? Hilarious.

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I can't believe that she racked up 6 million more over the fact that she didn't pay for it. Wow.

ChaosHerald

Registered Member
That's really hilarious! But yeah, like no one would notice that a bill for 6 mil wasn't paid.... And also, it's not like she needs to do it, she can afford it, I assume - oil is a good source of income.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't believe when Jamila Boushaba went to the media the princesses staff member said this:

Ms Boushaba added: "When I called last, one of her staff asked why I went to the media. I said it was to get my money. He replied: 'What, you've caused all this trouble and you still want your money?'"
How arrogant can you get? I think they should make her pay up front.

Falconer

Registered Member
How arrogant can you get? I think they should make her pay up front.
Good grief, yes. She isn't above the law (well, maybe she is, but she bloody shouldn't be. It's just basic human and economic decency to settle your bills) and God knows what she thinks she's trying to pull here. World, meet crazy... oh wait, you two're already well aquainted.

I fricking love Offbeat News, btw. Princesses doing dine-and-dashes on close to $8m? Love it. I may shake my head and despair utterly but there's something compelling, sometimes almost funny, about the kinds of stories we get in here, and this one's one of those.