• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Prince Williams engaged.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Britain's Prince William is engaged to Kate Middleton, the British royal family announced Tuesday.
The prince and Middleton, both 28, have been dating since 2003. Rumors have been rife for years that they have been close to marriage.

The wedding will take place in London in the spring or summer of 2011, said a statement from Clarence House, William's home near Buckingham Palace. It said further details would be announced "in due course."

"Prince William and Miss Middleton became engaged in October during a private holiday in Kenya," the statement said. "Prince William has informed the queen and other close members of his family. Prince William has also sought the permission of Miss Middleton's father.
Prince William engaged to Kate Middleton - CNN.com

This sounds a good news, though I've heard on the news that this marriage is not happening accidentally. I've heard they've both had pressures from their family to get married.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
oh dear...

Well bang goes my chance :p

Oh wait...there's still harry :)

If Prince Will gets married next year we'll get an extra bank holiday :) Awesomes!

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Even if it was by pressure, i think they're a good match; i don't think she's ever been in the news for anything bad so she'll make a fine Princess for our Country :)

It'll be a big deal, i think most of it will be televised throughout the day.

Dabs

Registered Member
I know the wedding will be splendid for sure, but nothing compared to Diana's.
But I'm sure they wouldn't want it that way either......I can remember getting up at 5 a.m. to watch Lady Diana marry fugly Prince Charles......she was my age exactly, just a couple of months between our birthdays.
I thought she was so very pretty...and I think she grew prettier as she got older.
In my opinion, she was far too pretty of a lady for Charles.
I heard he felt pressured to marry as well, to produce an heir.
But I think William is a very handsome young man, looks a lot like his Mother~
And Kate is beautiful......courting for 8 years now....geesh, I guess they should be ready!

Lemonv1

Registered Member
I guess I may as well be the first person here to reply negatively and say - meh.

Difference in most people's lives that I can forsee = 0

I would be more impressed if 1 or 2 princes announced that they would give up their right to the throne. Then I would be :-o

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Will and Harry have trained to be soldiers and willing to die for a Country they might one day be King of, i think that's impressive; they're good lads (Will more than Harry but that poor boy takes after his old man) and i'd rather see one of them first in line for the throne than that idiot Charles any day.

Will takes after his mother quite a bit, i think he'll do more for his Country, as a soldier and a Prince, than any other member of the Royal Family.

Dabs

Registered Member
A tad bit of the news just showed the interview between Prince William and Kate..and I knew William took after his Mother...he has her passion and intelligence!
He showed the ring that he gave Kate for her engagement ring....it is the very same ring that his Mother, Diana, wore on her finger!
It is Diana's engagement ring.......William went on to say that it was his way of making sure that his Mother played a big part of this whole event.......very touching :)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Also, Kate was wearing almost the same blue dress, just like Diana did back in the day.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I think this is the most ridiculous thing I've read lately.

According to the British Prime Minister David Cameron, the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton MAY become a public holiday in the UK.

The Prime Minister has said that he'd support a public holiday, even if it ends up being a weekend wedding.

The marriage is planned for either Spring or Summer 2011, and a date is expected to be announced in next few days.

Pretty good way to ensure that Prince William never forgets his anniversary! LOLs.

Read More: This Should Be A Public Holiday in America Too! | PerezHilton.com This Should Be A Public Holiday in America Too! | PerezHilton.com
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate