• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

XBOX Original Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I finally ordered it today. Every store appears to have stopped selling it for some reason, so I had to order it online. Should get here early next week, like Monday or Tuesday. I got the Xbox version. I really can't wait to play it. I've been wanting this game ever since it came out, but just never got around to buying it. There was always another game or something else that I'd rather buy instead. Then when I was ready to buy it I couldn't find it anywhere. Hopefully it'll live up to my high expectations.

So anyway, that's excellent news. Sands of Time is one of my favorite games ever, and probably my absolute favorite from this generation. I think you'll like the game, and if you do, there will be two sequels waiting to be played afterward!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Mod note* All complaints have been moved into the 'Board Room' where andrew can look at them. Lets keep this post on topic. Thank you!

Wrecked

Registered Member
IMO, SoT compared to WW is boring and slow.

WW is more fast paced and has some wicked moves that you can pull. But in SoT you're stuck with a 3 hit combo that gets repetitive very fast.

I'm looking forward to the next installment but haven't gotten around to buying it yet, been too busy with work.

I agree that the combat is much better in WW, but it's still far from bad in SoT. If you go through the game just trying to quickly take down enemies, and end up using the same combos again and again, it will get old fast. But if you take the extra step to try and appreciate the stylish combat and do all sorts of different maneuvers that adds so much more depth.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I never bought it, but I can play it at will right now on PC (thanks to GasmeTap) and already beat it on the PS2 when borrowing a friend's game. It's pretty fun, and the unlockable original Prince of Persia game was pretty cool.

I loved the way you could find secret passages to increase your health. They seemed so mysterious that they had to be part of the game's plot, yet they were all optional.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
My game was supposed to ship in 3-5 days. It's been a week and it still isn't here. It's starting to piss me off. They shouldn't make you pay for shipping if they can't get it here on time. :mad:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I checked the shipping status and the damn thing hasn't even shipped yet. Expected arrival is Feb 2-6. Bobbaking ridiculous. :shake:

Geez, that is ridiculous. I've never had a problem with anything on Amazon. It especially sucks that this is delaying the arrival of such a great game. Well, make sure you mark the seller down after its delivered.

I also just thought of this, which would've been a much better idea:
http://store.ubi.com/search.jsp?pg=2&sort=&category=&keywords=sands+of+time&rating=&genre=

Platinum edition for Xbox, only 20 bucks, and the money would go to the company instead of some lousy seller on Amazon.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The seller is Target (via Amazon), so I'm not sure if there's any way to mark them down. I only paid $20 plus shipping. You're right though, it would have been better to buy directly from Ubisoft.