Movies Prince of Persia movie?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was looking through CountingDown.com and I came across this. Apparently there is a Prince of Persia movie coming out this time next year.

In the fantasy adventure, Gyllenhaal will play Dastan, a young prince in 6th century Persia who must join forces with Tamina (Arterton), a feisty and exotic princess, to prevent a villainous nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time, a gift from the gods that can reverse time and allow its possessor to rule the world.

Doug Miro and Carlo Bernard, Jordan Mechner and Boaz Yakin wrote the script, which is based on the games created by Jordan Mechner.
Bruckheimer is producing, while Mike Stenson, Chad Oman and Patrick McCormick are executive producing. Bruckheimer praised Gyllenhaal as "charismatic" and has high hopes for Arterton, who tested for the role. "We've been fairly fortunate with some our leading ladies," Bruckheimer said. "Some of them have gone on to become major movie stars, going back to Nicole Kidman in a movie I did a long time ago called 'Days of Thunder' to Keira Knightley out of ('Pirates of the Caribbean')."

Bruckheimer declined comment on the "Persia" budget other than to say, "It's not one of our smaller productions." Production is set to start in July in Morocco and England. Gyllenhaal next appears in Jim Sheridan's "Brothers" with Tobey Maguire. He is repped by CAA and Management 360.
So, Bruckheimer is teaming up with Disney again to make another monster budget movie and this time it will be based on Prince of Persia. I've never seen Jake Gyllenhaal in an action/adventure kind of movie and I usually associate him with Donnie Darko and other kind of serious roles. Might be a winner, no?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
So...how will they do the time-rewinding effects?
They'll press "Rewind" on the camera.

I think Gyllenhaal is a pretty great choice, too. I can picture him as the Prince. I wasn't big into the games, but I can definitely see them as movie material.

Italiano

Film Elitist
I wasn't sure at first because I haven't seen JARHEAD yet and seen him put on the tough guy act that much. But this looks to make things clearer.

Apparently he really does look like the part. Hopefully he'll bring a good voice to go with it. I'm hoping the rest of movie won't be completely CGI but from the looks of the pictures I think they're actually on location which is a good sign.

EDIT: Not to mention we've got the same director as DONNIE BRASCO on set (though that and HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE are the only real perks on his list... and he's got a long one)

Looking forward to see more...

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Wow, he looks great as the Prince. Hopefully they'll do the games justice.