Movies Prince of Persia movie?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Doc, May 31, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I was looking through CountingDown.com and I came across this. Apparently there is a Prince of Persia movie coming out this time next year.

So, Bruckheimer is teaming up with Disney again to make another monster budget movie and this time it will be based on Prince of Persia. I've never seen Jake Gyllenhaal in an action/adventure kind of movie and I usually associate him with Donnie Darko and other kind of serious roles. Might be a winner, no?

2. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

So...how will they do the time-rewinding effects?

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

See: "Massive budget."

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

They'll press "Rewind" on the camera.

I think Gyllenhaal is a pretty great choice, too. I can picture him as the Prince. I wasn't big into the games, but I can definitely see them as movie material.

5. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I wasn't sure at first because I haven't seen JARHEAD yet and seen him put on the tough guy act that much. But this looks to make things clearer.

Apparently he really does look like the part. Hopefully he'll bring a good voice to go with it. I'm hoping the rest of movie won't be completely CGI but from the looks of the pictures I think they're actually on location which is a good sign.

EDIT: Not to mention we've got the same director as DONNIE BRASCO on set (though that and HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE are the only real perks on his list... and he's got a long one)

Looking forward to see more...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Wow, he looks great as the Prince. Hopefully they'll do the games justice.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

If they don't I probably won't be able to look at my games the same way.