Priest Holmes Returns

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Swiftstrike, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

"Although Johnson is holding out in a contract dispute, Holmes said he'll have no trouble coming in as a backup. It'll probably be at least a month, he said, before he can put on pads.
    "It's key for every player on every team to know their role, and to be able to contribute in a way which makes their team better," he said. "In order for Larry to take over that role he's now in, it's very much a good thing that I'm glad he's into now. He's established himself.
    "I could do eight plays with my eyes closed pretty much," he said. "Could I go out there and be a running back that totes the ball 22 times? That would consist of really building a base."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7071942

Does anyone think Holmes can make a comeback? Can he return to his prime as a solid back up for LJ? With LJs hold out is Holmes getting attention from the media so the Chiefs can open negotiations with LJ?

I think as a RB who has taken light carries most of his career I think he can comeback and play well in the NFL 2nd to LJ.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

First off, I am hoping that Johnson will be ready for the start of the season, second off, I believe that Priest can become a dominant running back once again, he had a lot of injuries in college and he still had amazing seasons in the NFL when given a chance, so I believe if he's given another chance I believe he can be a good player once again.

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I respect that Priest is willing to go from starter to a role on the bench, most former star have trouble accecpting that. With this news LJ might comeback sooner knowing they have someone that can replace him.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah the rumours are that Larry Johnson is very close to sign a new contract with the Chiefs, and if he does he'll be the starter for sure, but having Priest as the back will be a great tandum. Priest probably won't have the same quickness has before, and won't be able to score has many touchdowns has he did in the past, but he's going to be a great back up.

5. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I know remember how much of a dominance he was for those years. He was easily the most dominant fantasy player in any league and I enjoyed watching him play.

The other guy I would like to see return to greatness is Ricky Williams.

6. NY Jay

NY Jay Guest

I think Priest Holmes would be a great starting running back again if he is able to come back.

7. DirtDog

DirtDog Guest

I hope he does good, I have him as a back up on my fantasy teams behind Henry, Benson!!