• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

President Trump's 1st action: Suspend MIP cut

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Trump administration suspends FHA mortgage premium rate cut

wow. Is this really how we're going to start the next 4 years?

MIP was raised after 2008 housing collapse and was eased 2 years ago. I got the 1/4 point reduction just before I bought! Obama brought it down again and Trump stopped it. Why in the hell would you stop this? Housing is stable, the economy is better. A lower MIP is $500+ per family per year. Money that is not going to the banks.

Horrible move! I just got finished saying how hopeful I was and then I saw this! And the 1st thing Trump did?!?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know why he had to do that unless it was pressure from republicans. They are against lowering it because a few years ago FHA wasn't doing very good and had to get a bail out but from what I've read they are doing better now. I hope he reinstates it soon. Unless they aren't doing that well.