President Bush

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if this is going to turn out into a good topic or not, but I just wanted to know people's opinions about this.

Now has you may know there's been some famous people that have been assasinated in the past even Presidents like JFK. Now you may also know that a lot of people do hate President George Bush. Now this is my question to you guys.

Why do you think President Bush hasn't been assasinated yet?

A lot of people loved JFK, and he got assasinated, I was just wondering why a President that is hated so much is still alive?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Increased security, I'm guessing. The President of the United States is probably the hardest assassination in the world. It would probably have to be an inside job.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I watched something on TV once about presidential security. It is near impossible to get near him, let alone shoot him. Anytime he goes anywhere secret service has his tripped planned out for him and field agents actually go to the area the President will be and scope out rooftops, church towers etc... weeks in advance and set up where he will walk and stay. There are FBI snipers on roof tops on the out look for anything funny. I would say security is 1000 times better then in JFK's day.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm surprised they were allowed to have a TV about something like that. You'd think the most important thing when planning an assassination is understanding how the security works.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know security is at such a high level, that it would be almost impossible to assasinate like you guys mentioned, but don't you think it could be done some way. Like he doesn't need to be shot, it could be a suicide bomber, or anything.

I don't know why I'm asking this it's just something that is really bothering me right now. What I mean by that is that you see guys like John Lennon, Martin Luther King, JFK and so many others get assasinate, and then you see Bush being arguably the worst President of the Unites States still leaving after two tenures as the the President.

redsoxocd

living on the border
I thought that this would've happened from a suicide bomber the last time that he went to Isreal...but nope it didnt.

All in all, I dont that I would be too happy if bush was assinated, now I dont like him but I also dont hate him as much as everyone else does. I mean, sure it may have not been the smartest thing to go into war in Iraq but still...it doesnt make sense to come out of there now. I really think that we need to stay there (please dont kill me). And I think that if McCain wins for president he will make the right choice by keeping us there and possibly sending more troops over.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with pro2A. I mean seriously. He's signed some bills I don't agree with, and the war has been handled the wrong way lately, BUT, that doesn't make him the worst president in the history of the US.

I mean, cut the guy some slack. I don't agree with everything he's done but who here thinks they would have been able to do a great job as the President of the US when the World Trade Center was destroyed in your 2nd year in office? That lead to a lot of things that they don't teach you in Presidency 101.

I'd say things could have been a ton worse. Notice we haven't been attached at all since 9-11?

I also agree with redsox. McCain is the ONLY candidate for president who has a level head on his shoulders when it comes to the war. He's not admitting it was a good thing to get into, but now that we are there we need to figure out the best exit strategy. You can't just "up and leave" without expecting the whole place to cave in.

If Obama or Hillary get into the White house they want to cut our military in half to help fix the economy. Then when our military is weak again maybe Al Qaeda can pull another 9-11 when the next president gets in office.

Corona

Registered Member
Then when our military is weak again maybe Al Qaeda can pull another 9-11 when the next president gets in office.

Having a larger or smaller military isn't really a deterrent to terrorists. I'm fairly certain that if they could pull off another "9/11" they would do it already. Also, a smaller military doesn't necesarily mean a weaker one. American warfighting has been traditionally low casualty and high in technology.

Besides, pinpoint strikes, special forces, and arming and training local militias is far more successful against guerilla and terrorist groups.