Movies Premonition w/ Sandra Bullock

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone else seen the new Sandra Bullock movie Premonition? I just saw it tonight. Definitely a mind boggler. If you tend to doze off for a few minutes here and there during a movie then this movie is not for you. You'll need to see it pretty much straight through to understand everything.

It could be slightly predictable in some areas if you've seen movies like it before, but, it has a few major differences that will leave you rethinking and replaying scenes in your head long after the credits roll.

:)

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I just saw the movie about a week ago, I liked it, it was very twisty and turny all through the movie which made the ending to me a bit disappointing. well I hated the ending in fact. lol I just sat here saying to myself "what?! gee that sucked" :confused:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haha. I agree with you but I do like how the ending was ironic and was technically explained by the plot. I actually thought it would happen just how it did once a few things in the movie happened.

I actually liked the ending for the ironic factor it brought. It was certainly unexpected but I think the plot makes more sense with him dieing after everything. It really does suck but I did like how it showed that there was no way to change things after they happen. She lived a few days after and was ironically then unable to change ANYTHING to effect those days. Did you notice how she started to worry when she threw the phone book page in the trash? She was beginning to realize that she couldn't change anything. It's one of those chicken and the egg arguments. If she HADN'T of lived through his death that hadn't happened yet then would she have tried to stop it, and by trying to stop it she actually caused it. Strange twist but I liked it just for the fact that it made you really think. I agree that it was an unfortunate ending though.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
yes I do agree with you with all of that. I also figured out along the way that she was not going to stop it. the part that I thought sucked the most was the fact that not only was she not going to stop this, but in all that she did, she ended up watching him die in the process. so now she had that vision to deal with the rest of her life. I was just left with this horrible feeling at the end, Like.........well that completely sucked!! :shake: However,When you are left sitting there for a long time after the movie is over thinking about it, and a movie can do that to you emotionally, well that makes it a good movie.