Premier League Season 2009/10

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by Vidic15, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Starts on the 15th of August and I am excited as I can watch it every week now. :D & looking forwards another Manchester United title!

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Already? Why do I have a feeling it just ended. :lol:

I'll be interested in seeing first who is playing who in the final line up since I'm not really a big fan of a particular team. I do like Liverpool for its spirit.

3. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Liverpool have a strong first team but lack real strength in depth and always seem to get it wrong at the big moment.

Man City are the biggest spenders this summer and I'm pretty sure they haven't finished yet.

Arsenal have made no notible signings so far and will struggle to put a title challenge together.

Manchester United lost two of their best players this summer and have failed so far to replace them with big money captures. This will be the first time in years where United will be weaker then the previous season.

Chelsea have retained their full squad and have strengthened the midfield without breaking the bank. They will be the strongest next season, can they put the quality 'on paper' on the field and perform?

4. Manager

Manager New Member

Man City have make few transfer, with Tevez and Adebayor. With Robinho and SWF, there is a lot of goods players.

But today, Man City it's as LA Clippers ! Good players, but where is the team ?

5. Bromo

Bromo New Member

I think that this season will be a Chelsea or Liverpool season.
    Man United without Ronaldo will be a different team and i think will have a big effect on them winning the title again!!!

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Despite losing two major players, I recon Manchester has it what it takes to defend their title, but I am just being biased.

7. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Michael Owen will score goals and I expect Rooney to step up to the mark this season.

8. philtastic1

philtastic1 New Member

If manchester city gets a solid central defender, i expect them to challenge the top four. Arsenal still need a quality defensive mid to play along cesc, and with adebayor gone, Persie really needs to step up next season.

9. ghost_ben

ghost_ben New Member

I hope Burnley do well this season they have waited far too long to be back where they belong :nod:

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Arsenal are off to a great start with a 6-1 win on the road against Everton, and a 4-1 win today over Portsmouth. Hopefully they'll be able to keep it up. Big game at Manchester United a week from today.