• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Premier League '10-11

Who will win the title?

• Liverpool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester City

• Tottenham

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The start of the Premier League season is less than a month away. Any predictions?

Will Manchester City's big spending win them a title?

Can Man United reclaim the title?

How will Liverpool do after finishing 7th last season?

Which teams will be relegated?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'm already so excited for this. I mean, this is where I got my love for football from! ;)

I'm not sure what to expect for this upcoming Premier League. I will always remain a loyal Arsenal supporter, but I am excited to see what the other clubs will bring so soon after the WC.

Bring it on!!!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I will also be supporting Arsenal, but I'm not too confident about their chances this season. Maybe they will be a factor if they can stay healthy for once.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
It would also help if they could keep their star players and not have them bought up by wealthier clubs. I don't think they have what it takes to win the league, but premier league for me is all about staying loyal to my team, so I will!

So there are at least two Arsenal fans here! Yeah for Arsenal! :D

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think RTW is also an Arsenal fan. Unfortunately we're outnumbered by Man United fans. Booooo!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I randomly picked Arensal as my favorite team a year ago haha...funny there are so many others who share the same feelings!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I think RTW is also an Arsenal fan. Unfortunately we're outnumbered by Man United fans. Booooo!
He is yes. I should try and nudge him to come be active during the league. Strength in numbers!

Like me and you as well, RTW is also anti Man-U!! :lol:

Juan_Pablo

Registered Member
Will Manchester City's big spending win them a title?
I think all they need is a good striker or second striker and they can have a roughly earned top 4 finish next season. Which is fantastic in their case. I think next year's premiership will be between Chelsea and Liverpool. Man U will definably finish in a top 4 position, don't get me wrong they are a very good team but the competition is so fierce in the EPL which makes me believe some of their key players have just gotten to old to win another title.

This leaves casual top 4 finisher Arsenal out, mixed feelings for them.

MisterT

Registered Member
Manchester United will win

Yes I understand they havent made a big summer signing however the player United have are already that good

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City in that order will come next

jack3456

Registered Member
It'll probably be between Chelsea and Man Utd again. Arsenal aren't in it for me, though they may set the pace early on. With Fabregas likely to go and still no replacements for Vieira in midfield and that excellent defence Wenger built his success on, they'd better watch they don't slip out of the top 4, never mind win the league. It all depends on other teams of course. Last season saw the biggest shift in power for several seasons, with the top four being broken up and Man City with their Abu Dhabi billions looking to join them this time next year. I'm a Spurs fan, so I hope they can strengthen the squad, gain a little more consistency, and continue to improve on last season, not just regress again like they've done so often in the past. I'm also hoping they can at least get into the league stages of the Champions League. That's the real reason the top teams across Europe remain so unchanged year after year now, money from TV sponsorship of the ECL makes it even harder for teams outside of it to compete with the clubs inside. Bob Houghton will have his job cut out this season: the description is obviously to get Liverpool back into the top four.