Pregnant woman who was told she had a miscarriage discovers her baby is alive and wel

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by mikeproboard, Apr 27, 2008.

1. mikeproboard

mikeproboard New Member

[​IMG]
    -----http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=513844&in_page_id=1770

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Shows how stupid UK doctors are, not the best health system in the world. And wow, just look how 'bogan' those two look.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yikes. I'm glad she didn't take the pills. If she did schedule for a D&C, they'd have to redo ultrasound to confirm the baby's status before the procedure.

If medical error is a major indication of whether health system is good or not, then UK would still be relatively good compared with other countries (source):

Nation, Errors
    USA 34%
    Canada 30%
    Australia 27%
    New Zealand 25%
    Germany 23%
    UK 22%​

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

That's horrible! I'm so glad she didn't choose to take the pills or anything.

5. Mason

Mason phawq

Stupid doctor. At least the couple will have the baby, though.

6. Spackerchip

Spackerchip Registered Member

Fixed it for you.

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

They need to sue those people. To receive such horrible news only to find out it's still alive!! I'd say 2 - 5 million dollars are in the works.

8. Mason

Mason phawq

I really feel that's the worst thing to resort to.

9. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

If I were in this situation I'm sure I would be a upset at first, but then I'd get over it and focus on the fact the I WAS STILL PREGNANT! I would be happy and estatic, not focusing on the negative that a month ago I thought I wasn't.

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Alex - health care professionals are human. Humans are not perfect.

vilky - that's a very american attitude - sue sue sue. the reality is, medical malpractice is actually quite hard to prove. the couple has been through enough already, their baby is fine, why go through the trauma of a lawsuit?