Predictions for #1 seeds

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Major, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Which teams do you guys think will end up as the four #1 seeds in the NCAA Tournament?

North Carolina - I believe they'll win the ACC and the ACC Tournament. They could end up as the #1 overall seed.

Oklahoma - After starting off 25-1 they've lost their last two games after Blake Griffin's injury. Once Griffin comes back they should pick up where they left off. They probably need to win the Big 12 Tournament though and Kansas will be tough to beat.

UConn - They're on a roll right now. They've won 15 of their last 16 games and they play in arguably the deepest conference in the country. Huge game against Pitt coming up in a little over a week to end the regular season.

Pitt - If they close out the regular season strong with wins over Marquette and UConn and then make a deep run in the Big East Tourney, I think they'll deserve a #1 seed.

Teams like Duke, Memphis, Michigan State, and Marquette could grab a #1 seed if they finish out the year strong.

Millz likes this.

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Missouri!! Okay, probably not.

Pittsburgh and Marquette have a shot but their schedule is tough being in the Big East. I'll say...

North Carolina
    Oklahoma
    Connecticut
    Memphis

Major likes this.
  3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

North Carolina: They've lost more games then I expected but they will be a number one seed

UCONN: The best team in the Nation, enough said

Oklahoma: They miss Blake Griffin, but still deserve a number one rank

Memphis: I just think they are good enough to be the number one seed.

4. Millz

Copying off me there Babe_Ruth??

I think being that Memphis is playing in Conference USA that they'll be able to win out whereas the ACC and Big 12 are so tough.
    ------
    Big East as well...can't forget them.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  5. teron

teron Registered Member

UNC
    Okie
    UConn
    Pitt/Duke/Memphis

You can exchange the last 3 because thats just how close it is...:D

6. Millz

My #1's...updated...

North Carolina
    Pittsburgh
    Louisville
    Memphis

UConn just out