Movies Predators

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Konshentz, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predators_(film)

I am pretty excited about this. I LOVED the first one and always hoped they'd make a REAL sequel to it. While I somewhat enjoy Predator 2 and the AVP sequels, they just don't compare.

The list of actors is pretty good, I really enjoy Brody, Grace, Goggins and Fishbourne. And although I have never heard of the director, I have faith in Rodriguez and his writing abilites. Hopefully he had a large hand in the writing process.

What are your thoughts?

Hopefully a trailer and poster comes out soon.

2. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

I'm gonna remain skeptic abouth it. i sure liked the whole Alien thingi. stil do in asome degree. But i hope they bring someone spectaculary to the table. Maybe some avatar similary thingy.. in sense of effects atleast.

3. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

LOVED that film, Predator.:bow:
    ...Though I was a little disappointed with the film, Predator vs Alien.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Avatar-like effects wouldn't work with this movie. Hell, all you have to do his tweak the effects they used in '87 and they're good enough for this new movie.

This is not a movie to go over the top with effects, just make the Predator as believable as possible.

Predator vs. Mercenaries in the jungle... that sounds good enough to me. Ha.

5. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

Well. then it will be another bad sequal. I do think they need to bring some nice effects to the movie.. Since that's basicly what the new movies bring these days.. same old dull and boring plots, just better effects. Atleast like 75% of the movies that come out now

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

And those movies usually suck. I am more worried about the writing and acting. I am not expecting a Oscar-winning performance by any of the cast, but if it is a terrible script and shitty acting, I don't care how cool shit looks and how much stuff they blow up.

7. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

OFC.. Avatar aint a good movie per script/acting.. it's the effect that made that movie amazing. So unless they pull something awsome out their ass. they need to get the effects right to even make the movie usefull imo.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't know how I feel about this yet, I was a big fan of the original, but the second one was god awful. This could be a hit or a miss, I doubt I'll go see it in the theaters because it could very well be a disaster.

9. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

BR, you have to see it in theaters, It'll be huge and over the top there... so even if it is a disaster, it'll be a big, loud one. Haha.

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz