Preapproved buyers only???

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by MJonesMBA2001, May 6, 2005.

1. MJonesMBA2001

MJonesMBA2001 Registered Member

How do I do this?? Is this a wise move for a high profile auction??

2. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

when you are setting up your action on the last step before you list there is an option to change who can bid

i just set it so ppl who have not paid in he past month can't bid....you can also set it so ppl with no feedback can't bid and so on

for a high profile auction..i don't know...i wouldn't want someone w/o feedback bidding on mine, yet they could have gotten a new account just for your auction...maybe somoene else will have better advice on that

3. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

It all depends on the situation, and what you are selling... Some of the best, most watched, and highly popular ones have started with .99 cent bids and no reserve. you want alot of watchers/bids because that will get the attention of Goldenpalace who likes to snipe those highly popular auction at the last second!!

4. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

question- If you have a preapproved auction going, is there a mechinism where the highest bidder cannot back out after the auction? For example, the Runaway Toast, if the winner says "nay, changed my mind", will his credit card get charged?

5. MJonesMBA2001

MJonesMBA2001 Registered Member

Good question. I watched that one jump over $15,000 by two bidders with 0 feedback.

HOW do auctions jump from a (relatively) low amount, say $500, right up to $15,000??

6. iowamommy77

iowamommy77 Registered Member

They do it because the 1st person put there max bid at 15,000 at least that is what I was told

7. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

That is correct. When you put a bid on eBay, you put the amount that you would be willing to go up and then eBay automatically bids for you as other users put their bids in.

If someone bids $1.00 and another person comes along and puts in a bid of $100 then the bid will currently be at $2.00. Then if another user comes along and bids $80.00 Then the current bid would be at ~$81.00 because the system automatically bids up until only one person has the highest bid.