• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pre-Paid Cell Service Providers

MindoverMaster

Registered Member
I have a pre-paid cell plan from VirginMobile. $20 per 90 days. 15 cents per text, 25 cents per call per minute.

Recently, I had problems with them. I was paying things that I never signed up for. I contacted them several times. They always are swift. They canceled all the extra stuff, but they could not give me my money back of ~$30. So they gave me 60 free minutes. So today I noticed that there was a $3.99 charge on there, saying I bought a game. This charge was made at 3:00 AM. I don't stay up that late and to my knowledge, I don't buy games for my cell in my sleep. :tired: So until I get a reply back from them, I need to watch my transactions like a hawk.

I don't use my cell for web use, or calling all my friends every day. The most web I would use, is to see the weather. I just use it for family contact, emergencies, rarely to text my friends.

So, all done and said, if VirginMobile keeps showing the door to hell, I'm busting out and using my wings. :angel:

I saw that AT&T has a new prepaid plan. $25 per 90 days. 10 cents per text, 10 per call per minute. I'm not sure about web, but as I said, I don't need it, but if it was a possibility, why waste it?

All the others I looked at had a monthly cost or "$2.00 a day on days you use it". Looked at Net10 and Tracphone, but they have it worse than VirginMobile. Net10, you can't text. Tracphone, roaming charges. etc...

Anyone know anything better? I live in SouthEast Wisconsin.

Last edited:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
AT&T is the best route to go, I used to work the cell phone industry, and Virgin Mobile is suppose to be the best, and I still believe they are. What you can do is setup a completely new prepaid account because it sounds like somebody is hacking your account or cloned your number which is possible. If you want to keep your number just jump ship. You answered your own question.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
AT&T Go-phones are the way to go. They offer a decently priced unlimited plan for a month and their rates are fair. They also have the best coverage.

MindoverMaster

Registered Member
Just wanted to see what everyone else thought before I get into a deeper rut ;)

Edit: I will unlearn what I have learned, Master Yoda! :lol:

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I use Straight Talk. $45 for a 30-day card. Calls, text & internet are unlimited. And I get service in places other cell phones don't.

Not sure how it'd work there though...

Dabs

Registered Member
I use Straight Talk. $45 for a 30-day card. Calls, text & internet are unlimited. And I get service in places other cell phones don't.

Not sure how it'd work there though...

This is what I have for my granddaughter...Straight Talk...you can get the $30 package or the $45 package, and like you, I get the $45 one, so she has unlimited everything.
She is only 11 years old, and I didn't want to put her on a contract phone.....so this way, when she pisses me off and I need to ground her, I can take her phone away~
I have Verizon as my provider.....and my bill is pretty reasonable, I text more than I do talking.
But the pre-pay phones are becoming quite popular these days~

MindoverMaster

Registered Member
I don't know about you guys. I don't use my phone that often. A few times a month, that's IT. I'm not getting the worth by paying $30 a month...