Power Selling

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by TGirl, May 26, 2005.

1. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

So anyone know of any good wholesellers.....I always look at the beautiful jewelry and think how do they do it...how do they buy this stuff cheap enough to start selling at .99???????? I mean it always goes to a 100.00 or to 500.00, but to start the selling at .99 is scary cuz once in awhile I will watch one go for $20.00 and I wish I would have grabbed it....
    I want to sell those beautiful diamond rings..you know the 1 carat...2 carat...like cluster rings and such...even gemstone rings with real gold...not plated.....
    I want to be able to post thousands of items like the power sellers... I want to be a power seller!!!!
    Anyone know where I should go...is there such thing as a book of wholesellers I can buy??? I have no clue!!!

Please help me...
    ~Trina~

2. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Alot of people buy in bulk from return warehouses. My dad used to go to one in Florida called "The Barn" and would come home with pallets of stuff (never really knew what he was getting) but he chose for potluck pallets. the same place also sells smaller pallets of jewelry. Each pallet costs a certain amount of money and you get everything inside, some is REALLY awesome stuff, some is junk...

The guy I used to work for also did this... Sergeant-Surplus was their selling name on eBay... alll those electronics were stockpiled in his garage from a huge truck delivery. He bought two truckloads at 12k and pretty sure he was turning a good deal of profit.

3. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

Hmmmm So I suppose I would have to go to Florida?? Do they have a on-line site??? I am willing to fork over some money to start a business....I know it will take money anyway....and I figured it would have to be in bulk....
    So in the pallets your dad got...some was good and some was junk...was that mixed in one pallet...or just a whole pallet would be junk that he purchased?

~Trina~

4. iggyshotthebear

There are PLENTY of people that use different places.
    Not just the one in Florida.

It was all mixed... like... once he bought a 'health and beauty' pallet, had tons and tons of hair dye and all sorts of lotions and stuff from a store that had closed down. It was like walking down the hair aisle at wal mart.

And then another time he bought a 'mystery' pallet and ended up WAYYY in the green because there were all sorts of tool returns from Sears. I'm tryin to find some of the places for ya.

5. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

you are awesome!!! I have done google searches and I come up things, but the jewelry is way to expensive to turn around and make any profit....thank you so much!!

~Trina~

6. iggyshotthebear

Ok, advice that my dad gave me (I was looking into this as well but I cant do it until tax time) NEVER buy from someone who wont give you an idea of whats in the pallet!!!

This one has some pictures, I just did some simple search terms and google helped me out... http://www.warehouseone.net/pallets.htm

Search terms were: warehouse, wholesale, pallets

7. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

That's a really cool site. They prolly have these places in all states, huh? Theres got to be a few in Los Angeles. hmmm... maybe I'll look into this one too.

8. iggyshotthebear

Don't forget that if you opt for an electronics pallet, you'll need to test all of the items and sometimes you'll get two of something (the same thing) that isnt working and you can repair them... Or you can make your hubby do it ;)

9. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Where's the ones down here in FL?

10. iggyshotthebear

Well, I'll be in FL on Wednesday (probably early Thursday mornin) as long as the Doctors say its ok for Chrysta to travel... I'll ask Dad where they are :) I know one is called Gator Power Tools.. .they dont just sell tools, and they do have a website but I cant think of the link... you might be able to google it :) headin to bed for the night :D

I keep meaning to post this... I found a magazine at the Flea Market that my dad sells at.... and it had a list of a ton of wholesalers in it.

http://www.fleamarketguide.com/wholesal.htm

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005