Power Naps or Long Sleeps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smelnick, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Which do you prefer, or which do you think is better. Taking a few shorter naps throughout the day, or taking a long rest during the night?

Myself, I find that I do alot better with a single night of full rest. If I take too many small naps, then I tend to feel more tired.

However, I did read somewhere, that if done properly, taking numerous short power naps throughtout the day can make you feel alot more rested than a single nights sleep.

So what are your thoughts on this? Which type of rest do you partake in?

2. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Power naps can really give you the recharge you need to complete the rest of your activities for the day. Although I'm sure everyone would love to go into a deep sleep and slumber for the rest of the day, we can't afford to miss work and out on other activities.

~Shwa

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I tend to get more out of power naps than regular sleep. I tend to feel more relaxed and energized when I take a power nap than when I get a few hours of sleep.

Shwa likes this.
  4. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I thoroughly enjoy sleep. Haha, I always have, too. I definitely sleep for a long period at night, and I generally feel rested for the whole day. Sometimes I take cat naps in the afternoon, but when I wake up from them, I tend to feel really groggy, and just want to sleep the rest of the day into the night.

I really cannot express how much I love to sleep though. It's probably my favorite part of the day. :)

5. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I just can't nod of durning the day. A short nights sleep has me rested for the day.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

"Power Nap" has always meant a short un-fulfilling nap to me. I would rather sleep once for longer than several times throughout the day.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The day I start to nap is the day I'll feel old. I never nap. I like to get my sleep at night and that's it. I don't often get a lot of sleep but I refuse to nap. It has to be dark for me to be able to sleep anyway.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Power nap. I'm more used to taking that than long sleep. Long sleep gives me headaches.

9. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I never ever ever take naps, for some reason I just can't do it. I prefer to go for a long nights rest, if I take power naps, I just feel more tired and feel like crap basically :lol:

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I always just have one full (using that term lightly) nights sleep instead of napping during the day. I have done it before though, just not regularly. I have found that sometimes I wake up from a nap feeling more tired than before, but other times I'll wake up and feel much better, regardless of how short the nap was.