• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Potentially historic blizzard

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(Reuters) – A swath of the U.S. East Coast from Philadelphia to New York City to Maine was bracing for a potentially historic blizzard on Monday that is expected to dump as much as 3 feet (90 cm) of snow and snarl transportation for tens of millions of people.

East Coast prepares for ‘crippling and potentially historic blizzard’ on Monday
I don't think I could handle 3 feet of snow. The most I have ever received was about 22 inches. That was bad enough. I feel for these people, if it happens. I can see them having some serious problems over it like loss of electric for days, probably some roof's caving in. If New York gets that much it will be a historic snowfall for them, probably is some other cities too.

If that happened here we would be without electric for sure, probably for a week.

What's the most snow you ever had to deal with? Thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The most I've seen here in a single snowfall is somewhere around 22-24 inches. This area is equipped to handle big snowstorms though. They're pretty quick to plow the road, so nothing ever gets shut down for long. I think I only had one or two snow days in my 13 years of school here.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
A world of suckage coming up for Easterners... The city should just declare a snow day, like they do for schools, but where nobody has to go into work. :)

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just heard on the news that in places there are as many as 150 people in lines, that extend outside of the grocery store, trying to pay for their food. I thought being 4th or 5th in line was bad that would drive me nuts.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
So much for Snowmageddon, but better to take precautions and be wrong then not take precautions and end up with chaos.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nantucket got it, they had winds up to 78 mph which knocked out their electric. Other than that this one didn't do what they thought but better safe than sorry. If I was them I would be happy rather than mad at the forecasters.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Dunno what the deepest snow was that I saw but I do remember that I was pulled out of the snow because it was over my waist and I couldnt walk but the drifts were even deeper. So we had to go home. But hey I made a huge snowman.

Btw this is all about that NE blizzard.
How Did East Coast Blizzard of 2015 Play Out?