• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Potential huge name coming to WWE

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Souce Rajah.com

The New York Daily News newspaper is reporting today that wrestling icon Sting has signed a one-year contract with WWE.

Sting, arguably the biggest wrestling star of the past 20 years to never work for WWE, is reportedly a free agent and had not signed another 1-year contract extension with TNA, as he's done in recent years.

WWE has been interested in working with Sting several times in the past, but the two were never able to come to terms on the specifics (money, schedule, etc.). Additionally, Sting was outspoken about the adult-themed content on WWE television in previous years, but the current PG-era has cleared that hurdle.

After checking with our sources, we are still unable to confirm this story, so for now take this as a rumor - but it's a major story if this one pans out
Wow, this is huge news if this is true! I know that the Taker has another year in him and would be awesome to see Sting vs Taker for Taker's final Wrestlemania. It is possible. I just don't see how the WWE is going use Sting? Who would he feud with?

WWE began running vignettes last night on Raw teasing the return or debut of a mysterious figure wearing a black trench coat on "2 21 11." Original plans called for the video to air once, but Vince McMahon called an audible during the broadcast to play it again
Could be sooner than later!

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That would be amazing if the story is true. Sting as always been a favorite of mine, and I've always been disappointed that he never signed with the WWE after WCW folded, but he had his reasons. Undertaker vs Sting is a must, yes both of these guys are pass their primes but they could definitely put on a show for the fans. There are other wrestlers that he could feud with, more then a handful actually.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It would be awesome to see it happen, for Sting's sake. He deserves to be in the biggest company around, again. I'm happy as long as he's around somewhere, he's my favorite of all time.

When I saw 2.21.11, I was originally thinking of Sting, Seth Rollins, or a returning Undertaker. Maybe the scales are tipping more towards Stinger, and I'd be cool with that.

I was fine with reading your initial post, blue, (because I had seen your original thread title anyway) but with anything else involving further details or possible spoilers please use the appropriate spoiler tags. Just for my piece of mind, lol.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the WWE want people to think it's Undertaker which is why we only saw the long trench coat. I'll mark out so bad if Sting comes out on February 21, 2011.

I agree, he deserves to go out in the WWE and not TNA. This would be a good way to induct him in the Hall of Fame afterwards.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I am going to buy a fresh package of underwear just in case it is Sting. Sorry, should of used spoilers, but hey it is just a rumor. I will be disappointed if it is the Undertaker after seeing this. Usually with his returns everybody knows that it is the Undertaker and the WWE doesn't really hide his image or audio, so it doesn't make sense to do it now...he hasn't been gone that long.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well they're already speculating that it will be Undertaker/Sting vs Barrett and Kane at Wrestlemania. That would make perfect sence for this year since Taker definitely cannot handle a one-on-one this year like I've been saying for a while now.

Just imagine the pop he'll receive if it's him...just take two seconds to think about that for a few second.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If it's Taker it will be a huge disappointment, they don't need to create this type of promo for Undertaker, and like I said in an earlier post, I believe the WWE want you to believe it's Undertaker.

I don't know how I'll feel if it turns out to be Rollins, I like him but I don't believe they should do these type of promo's for someone of his nature. They should be left for some great superstars, like Sting.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
If this is for Seth, it would be a MAJOR push for him, borderline Del Rio level. He is worth a push like that, I think.

But the WWE has done the right thing here, this promo is driving the IWC crazy right now.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
If you watch the promo in pay attention carefully at the end when 2-21-11 burns out the smoke looks like it spells out Sting.