GameBoy Post your favorite GBC titles

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by compudoc, Nov 24, 2005.

1. compudoc

compudoc Registered Member

Mine was Zelda Oracle of Seasons

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've always been a fan of the Donkey Kong series since playing them on the SNES, so mine would be the DK games, all of them.

Haven't played them in so long though.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Link's Awakening DX. The Oracle games were decent. They're too tedious though. I never finished Oracle of Ages.

4. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

GBC = Game Boy Color?

I didn't really play it too much. Didn't have very many games for it. I got into it in my high school years when the whole pokemon craze was going on. Got Pokemon Red and Blue with it and went through the games and crap. The main game I played a lot on it was NHL Blades of Steel 99. Only the characters were too small, so I tried to experiement with it by affixing the game on my tabletop with a camera mounted overhead so I could project the image onto a TV screen. It may seem extreme, but compared to the original (crappy) Blades of Steel, this one blew it's socks off. It was the only game (to the best of my knowledge) with the same format.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Are you talking about the Blades of Steel on NES? That game was awesome, man. Definitely far from crappy.

6. NewGamePlus

Yeah, it wasn't totally "crappy". It was awesome as far as format and gameplay, innovative for it's time, but once the new one for GBC game out, it made the old one look crappy because the old one never had real teams, actual players, and realistic looking uniforms. Also they made some improvements by adding a season mode and practice setup, including a penalty shot practice, which is ultra cool because that almost never happened in the original. The original was definately good, even better if you have the game genie and use the cheat codes. It just gets a little annoying having to look at those horrid yellow and blue, pink, and god knows what other color uniforms :sick: .

7. NewGamePlus

what the freak? my contest points and post count didnt' go up from that one post to this one. And the editing option is gone too. the hell? :confused:

8. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said I liked the GBC, it was pretty much the GBClassic with a colour screen. In fact, if I wern't such a huge fan of Nintendo 'till the death, I would say it was Nintendos way of testing colour screen technologies on the market.

But I' am, so I will settle with after years of black and white, colour was welcome

9. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Pokemon Crystal. Heck, it's probably my only GBC game not compatable with the original GB.

10. NewGamePlus

Actually, now that you mention it, I will completely second that. The gameboy color was hardly different than the original, only with a slightly smaller case size (mainly in the back), a colored case, and poor watered down colors that were so un-rich they looked like either food color dyes or 1/4 the brighness of a 1-chip digital camera, whatever is the dumbest first.

And that's not even the worst thing about it. The worst thing about it is that THE BUTTONS WERE STILL TOO DAMNED SMALL!!!!! :mad:

Oh crap, now I've gone straight off into ranting about video game inadequacies... Dammit gotta wait till people vote first.