Post surgery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dracglad, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Dracglad

Dracglad Registered Member

I'm gonna have surgery on monday (gonna fix my tailbone), however my doctor said that after the surgery I'll have to recover at home for about 1 - 2 months before I can get back to school.

So now I ask you, my fellow GF:ers, do you have any suggestions on what I may do to pass the time during my recovery?

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What (physical) restrictions do you have during the recovery period? I mean do you have to be in bed or can you sit down for a long time, etc. Activities like reading and watching videos come to mind. If you can't sit down maybe you have to arrange the room so that you can watch while in bed.

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Lots of movies, computer games, console games and Percocet :) Thats what I did when I had my wisdom teeth out last March.

Here is to a speedy recovery.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

dude, isn't it obvious :lol:?

you're doin' it right now... or you were when you posted that message haha.

Ok so if you don't want to turn into a GF freak then I guess you could use those couple months for.. self improvement? You know, buy some books and catch up on reading, maybe do some research. Its what I'd do if I was house-ridden for a long period of time so that it wouldn't feel like I'd missed out on learning at school.

I dunno, it all depends on your personal interests. Also, like ysa said, the physical restrictions.

5. Dracglad

Dracglad Registered Member

I've been told that I'll be able to sit down after the surgery, the only thing I should avoid is walking/moving around too much. But I guess I'll spend most of my recovery in bed.

6. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

when I had my heart surgery, I was sidelined for 2 months. I passed the time by sleeping and watching tv. I also helped my aunt at her nail salon by answering the phone and talking to customers.

I hope that your surgery goes well and I wish you a speedy recovery.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I remember when I was out of everything for an entire month because had poison ivy really bad (I'm talking to the point where I couldn't even put on a shirt because it hurt so bad).

During that month I beat pretty much every N64 game I owned, it was awesome. but some things I'd suggest trying because I know how boring it can get...

Reading
    Watching TV
    Spending time at GF
    Playing the GF arcade
    Playing videogames
    write something

What kind of physical limitations are we talking?

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

>>

he already answered the question :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
    Iris likes this.
  9. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Start writing a novel if you have any writing skills. Once you get into the story you're writing then the time passes quickly.

10. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would be playing computer games, watching lots of movies and TV shows, reading books and coming on GF a lot :)