Post-Punk

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Over these last 2 days I've been on a Post-Punk kick; I've got a great CD with: The Psychedelic Furs, Modern English, The Cure, OMD...(aka: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark), Tears for Fears, The Talking Heads, U2, etc; etc. All great tunes that bring back some great memories from the 80's.:bow:

Anyone else here a Post-Punk fan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_mOmI1KZ3k

YouTube - the cure love song

YouTube - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - If You Leave

YouTube - Talking Heads - Take Me To The River

Here's a list:

List of post-punk bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Violent Femmes, Bauhaus(/Love and Rockets), XTC, Gang of Four, The Cramps, Wall of Voodoo, Aztec Camera, Bow Wow Wow, Altered Images, The Humans, Lene Lovich, Flying Lizards, The Normal, Jim Carroll, Romeo Void, Elvis Costello? Yes, I will have me some of that.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
hahaha, I totally forgot about the Violent Femmes.
...For some reason I thought Erasure was considered a "Post-Punk" group but I guess I was wrong!:laugh:

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Alot of the music mentioned here, I found terribly boring....but that's just me....although this is definitely an era that was well known and quite popular at some stage :D:D

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Gasp! Choke, even! And you call yourself an American? :shake: Why don't you just wave a white flag and yell, "Fuque you, I surrendaire!"

Alternatively, check this out; it was their last single produced before the breakup last year:

YouTube - Violent Femmes - Crazy (Gnarls Barkley cover)
omfg I hate it!:rofl:

I prefer this version much, much better.:D

YouTube - Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
------
Alot of the music mentioned here, I found terribly boring....but that's just me....although this is definitely an era that was well known and quite popular at some stage :D:D
Really? I suppose I can see where you're coming from; I think Post-Punk is a required taste.:lol:
...I didn't like all of it that's for sure but those groups that did grab my attention, I loved and still do.

Last edited: