• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Post pics of the nearest city you were born in and where you're living closest to now

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
City I was born nearest to: (Boston)

City I am living closest to now: (Bath)

And if you live in or were born in a city, post that too!

Last edited:

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
"My heart belongs to Glasgow..."

Born nearest^^^

Live nearest [Inverness.]

Last edited:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
"My heart belongs to Glasgow..."

Born nearest^^^

Live nearest [Inverness.]
Do you still have your Glasgow accent?
...I remember when I first moved over here to the UK, met my sister-in-law's partner for the first time (he's from Glasgow, too) and tried carrying on a conversation with him!!!:lol::lol::embarassed: Needless to say we did alot of, "I'm sorry, what did you say"? "Excuse me"? "Could you please repeat that"?...(for the 4th time)...:facepalm:

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Do you still have your Glasgow accent?
...I remember when I first moved over here to the UK, met my sister-in-law's partner for the first time (he's from Glasgow, too) and tried carrying on a conversation with him!!!:lol::lol::embarassed: Needless to say we did alot of, "I'm sorry, what did you say"? "Excuse me"? "Could you please repeat that"?...(for the 4th time)...:facepalm:
No, I speak pure English with a more Highland accent. Apparently my accent sounds more Irish than Scottish, so I guess I sound Scottish and Irish. :lol:
I love the Glaswegian accent. It's Edinburgh and the rest of the East that does my nut in. :sick::lol:

EDiT:
There are quite a few Glaswegians accents now. I think it depends on where you live and your social class. The lower the class, the harder it is to understand, but I guess the same can be said for most cities.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't know what you mean by the nearest city.
There's no nearest city, I was born and live in the city.

Tirana, Albania

Konshentz

Konshentz
I can't even find pictures of my current city or the closest city. Haha.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Detroit, as the city leaders would like you to see it..

Detroit, as it really is..

I still live just a few miles away from the city, but never visit.

Konshentz

Konshentz

Barre, Vermont.

I live about 4 miles from here. There is more to this "city", but this was the only good pic I found.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Barre looks like a nice wee place. :)

It looks like the kind of place where EVERYONE knows EVERYONE. :p