• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Post boosting.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Has anyone else ever tried to boost their daily count by replying to the easiest stuff? Topics in food and general are excellent for being able to provide short, on topic posts that boost numbers. I know I"m guilty of it but is anyone else?

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I think everyone has done this at one point be it for the spree award or general post count. I always think about trying to break my post record of 44 in one day but realize I'm not much of a poster.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Food is definitely the easiest way to get a lot of posts in a short amount of time, especially if you haven't gone through it in a while. Actually most of the sections in GD are pretty easy to boost.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I tend to post a lot when I'm feeling stressed from Uni work and want to just escape for a while. I use GF as an escape in that way. So when I'm really stressed I go on a rampage and post in everything I can. When I'm much more relaxed like on holidays I post a lot less.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
On occasion. Not so much anymore, because there is plenty to reply to. I used to struggle to get my daily postings for my spree, but not these days. I used to get my easy posts in the introductions and birthdays.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yep, I know a lot of people used to post boost for sprees by using the Intro and Birthday forums. It was really easy to make 2-3 posts per day doing that.

dDave

V.I.P.
Has anyone else ever tried to boost their daily count by replying to the easiest stuff? Topics in food and general are excellent for being able to provide short, on topic posts that boost numbers. I know I"m guilty of it but is anyone else?
Sometimes I'll aim to make a ton of posts. If I'm looking for a place to post then I'll go to easy sections like most of the sections in GD and a few in Entertainment.

I think everyone has done this at one point be it for the spree award or general post count. I always think about trying to break my post record of 44 in one day but realize I'm not much of a poster.
Mine was 51 for the longest time. One day I just decided to go for it.

You can do it too. You've been gone so long that you have thousands of topics to reply to. :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Mine was 51 for the longest time. One day I just decided to go for it.

You can do it too. You've been gone so long that you have thousands of topics to reply to.
Bcatz was having a similar problem to Barb. She wanted 50 posts to come into chat but couldn't find anything to reply to. I simply couldn't understand it because of the sheer amount of topics a newbie would have to reply to. The same goes for Barb. There's a ridiculous number of new topics since the last time she was active.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I do that too sometimes. I usually head to Entertainment for that myself. But that said, like Pam, I don't struggle lately to hit my daily post count at all. Last I checked I was also on the list of top forum spread, so I'm all over the place right now. :lol:

BigBob

Registered Member
Nah, post counts and sprees don't really matter to me. If I'm interested in a topic, I'll stick around for a little bit. If I'm not, I won't post in it.