• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Possibly the Ugliest Weddng Cake You've Ever Seen

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
After receiving a horrific version of the cake she had ordered for her wedding day, Celia, a bride from the UK, decided to sell the monstrosity on eBay.
People, this is why I'm better off making my own cakes. From the looks of its colors, it almost looks moldy:sick:, but it's disgusting either way:sick:. If you ever end up in a situation like this, don't waste your time trying to do something like this.

Woman Tried to Sell Bad Wedding Cake on eBay - Woman Received Horrible Wedding Cake - Delish.com

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was an ugly cake and definitely not what she was expecting. However I wouldn't of wanted the cake she was wanting either but it was a lot better looking than the one she got. To me a black cake for a wedding doesn't fit unless the bride wore a black dress. Each to their own though.

Bliss

Sally Twit
The original design isn't that much better than what she got. How on earth the person thought they'd get away with giving that to the bride and groom is beyond me. Weird story!

Elanor

Registered Member
Both cakes are quite ugly. There must of been a reason for them wanting a wedding cake that looks like 3 tyres stacked. But, at least the one they thought they were getting look professional, the one they got just looked a mess. Definitely not what you want on your wedding day.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I read that story. I don't think the bride had any taste to begin with considering what she originally wanted. I know a few bakers and one is like family so I'm sure I could get her to bake whatever cake I wanted and have it done professionally.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Don't judge a book by its cover, I bet it still tastes amazing anyways. :D

Don't really understand tires though, weird appearance choice...

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I can't even tell what the original one is and the bad one. They booth look awful. One looks like a pile or car tires.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Not all food has to look good, but wedding cakes in particular are all about appearance, so I think it's pretty important for those.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I'm not sure that applies with food. Appearance is definitely important. Also, black icing is really unappealing and would probably make your tongue black while you ate it.
Yeah now that I think about it was probably not the best thing to say as far as wording goes... I mean I would eat it because it seems like the insides are fine, the frosting is probably made of some toxic unhealthy material though.