Posi music for a downer mood

Discussion in 'Music' started by crosstopher, Nov 2, 2008.

1. crosstopher

crosstopher New Member

What bands or albums do you put on when you are in a downer mood..that is rather, what music makes you feel better when your in that mood?

2. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

usually some system of a down gets me cheered up or some coldplay

i know- they are two totally different styles but thats what i like

what about you, crosstopher? what you do like to listen to when u are in a downer?

3. crosstopher

crosstopher New Member

Ususally some sxe hardcore - stuff like converge, gorilla biscuits. Depends on the type of bad mood I'm in. Sometimes I go into an odd pop music mood.

4. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

yeah i sometimes get that too, i like many genres i dont have a favourite style of music to be honest

5. Buddhz

Buddhz Registered Member

Something I can sing along to in an old lady style - some cheesy 80s stuff. Abba is great for this. The more out of tune the better.

6. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

sxe? Straight Edger music? Sounds like shit music to me.

But when I'm in a downer mood, I like to pop on some Slayer, Megadeth, or more recently some Sublime.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

When I get angry, I usually listen to music that makes it worse because you get so pumped up and get an adrenaline rush.

One song I know that would calm me down though is 'Kissed by a Rose' by Seal

8. crosstopher

crosstopher New Member

ugh...megadeath? haha...my boss at work gives me lectures on how great megadeath is for up to two hours at a time. Ever since I started that job I can't stand to be around megadeath, iron maiden, etc. Anything of that type is no longer any good in my eyes.
    ------
    sxe music is an acquired taste though, took me a lot of exposure to really get into it

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Umm.. the better part of music I listen to is geared to do this.

10. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

Guess I'm not the only guy whose sadness tends to turn into random misanthropy.

Dvar always cheers me up :eyebrow:

:spin: