• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Portal 2

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
I played the first one and loved the shit out of it. I got the second one earlier today and I've played through quite a bit of the singleplayer, and so far I love it even more than the original. It makes me extra happy that one of my favorite internet comedians helped write it.

Zenheizer

needs practice
I preordered mine, but I won't be able to buy it until next paycheck (next Friday).

Portal 1 was amazing though. Without violence? Whoda thunk!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I preordered mine, but I won't be able to buy it until next paycheck (next Friday).

Portal 1 was amazing though. Without violence? Whoda thunk!
GlaDoS makes everything amazing, violence or no.

Also props to Portal 1 for being a really successful game where the only two characters were both female. Even though you hardly see one and the other is a robot it's still a big achievement in an industry where good female leads are very rare.

I just saw this on tumblr.

Last edited:

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
Heh. I wish I had awesome teachers like that.

Anyway, I finished the single player mode about half an hour ago and I haven't stopped grinning since. The game is so damn fun to play between the interesting puzzles and the hilarious dialog. I have a feeling I will end up playing through it again in the next week.

OvejaSlayer

Registered Member
So does anyone besides me like portal?

I loved the first one. How can you not like a puzzle platformer that defies the laws of physics and has a villain reminiscent of HAL 9000 crossed with that crazy girlfriend who keeps stalking you (you know the one I mean....)

Anyway, the second one is definitely made for fans of Portal, but it is excellently done. The script is hilarious and the game definitely expanded the puzzles, adding new items to interact with, totally new environments, and the story kept me engaged. Plus GLaDOS has another excellent song at the end of this game too. I enjoyed it so much, I played the single player story mode through twice (and it was still challenging on the second play through).

I'm actually hoping someone on here has it and I can make friends to play coop mode on xbox live. None of my current friends have the game.

Zenheizer

needs practice
I just beat it, in probably 6, 7 hours? Great game, funny dialogue. Eerily creepy even though there aren't any enemies, persay.... Did I miss all the Easter eggs and secret rooms? Or were there just not as many this game..

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I just beat it, in probably 6, 7 hours? Great game, funny dialogue. Eerily creepy even though there aren't any enemies, persay.... Did I miss all the Easter eggs and secret rooms? Or were there just not as many this game..
There were tons, haha. One involved a radio and involved an original song by The National. I caught that one yesterday. I was happy... :nod:

OvejaSlayer

Registered Member
If you are a portal fan, you will love it.

If you are not a big fan, it is still a great game, but some of the subtle references, humor and other allusions might not add as much to the experience.

I will say I liked it so much I played the single player story mode through twice back to back,and it was still hard

There are also lots of hidden things to go back and find for achievements

I'd recommend it, though I'd like to see some expansion of the co-op mode (maybe challenge mode where 2 teams compete to see who can beat a chamber the fastest?)

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Valve always makes great games. I still want episode 3, though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Video Games 1
Syndicate Ideas & Support 17
Msbabedoll General Discussion 21