• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Portable Memory

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Does anyone still carry around a flash drive or SD card anymore?
If you do, what do you carry? How much space? What do you store?

I carry around a 32gb microSD in my Galaxy S3. I store a lot of music on it. I also use it as a portable hard drive where I keep some documents and pictures for quick access. Sometimes I'll carry my 16gb flash stick if I have a purpose for my data (like getting specific pictures printed or documents made).

Xeilo

V.I.P.
The only time I carried stuff like this was when I was in school, but it didn't last long. As soon as I left I don't have the need too. The only time I will have something like this is if im getting a mate to copy some files over for me and I will use a external hard drive for that.

dDave

V.I.P.
I used to carry around an SD card everywhere, no more.

These days I'll carry around a flash drive. I've got a 16GB USB 2.0 SanDisk Cruzer. It looks like this.

I honestly wish it was a little smaller. Occasionally I'll dump it and it will bend, one of these days I'm going to break it off by accident.

It's a good flash drive, never had any issues with it. Before this one I was running a 2GB PNY drive.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah, that does look like it's about half the length. I'm definitely going to consider something similar to that when I get a new one (probably when this one that I have actually breaks).

While I'm getting a new flash drive I'd like to upgrade to USB 3.0. I have connectivity for it and I hear the write speeds are incredible. (that is of course assuming that thunderbolt doesn't take over)

The smallest one I found was an 8GB that looks like this.

PNY has got this micro thing going and I swear I've seen drives from them even smaller than that (they look like those wireless receivers for portable mice)