• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pope's Heel Turn

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So for those that don't follow TNA, Pope has turned heel.

While the method wasn't bad, the way it was executed sucked to me. The method was that Pope took money for Holiday "donations to the needy." Joe had a Japanese wrestler (not sure who it was, exactly...didn't look like Kiyoshi but it was a quick view) to tape Pope and discovered he used the money on strip clubs and restaurants.

Long story short, Joe called Pope out who then eventually owned up to it, turned on the fans, and went heel.

I'm fine with Pope as a heel again. He's great at what he does, regardless of if he's a good guy or a bad guy.

My problem with it is that during all of the Immortal, etc. stuff, they did this with two of TNA's best (Joe and Pope) very quitely in the middle of the show, without much intensity. They should have made it bigger.

What are your thoughts on the change in general, and on how it was done?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It was a bit of a surprise, but it is TNA.

Hopefully he stays heel for longer than a month. It's stupid how often TNA turns their stars.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Vince Russo loves to change wrestlers from faces to heels and heels to face...he did that same thing in the WWE.

I agree there hasn't been enough focus on the feud. Seems they only really care about the Immortal/Fortune/World title picture. It has great potential; especially given how good Pope is in the mic.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It was a bit of a surprise, but it is TNA.

Hopefully he stays heel for longer than a month. It's stupid how often TNA turns their stars.
Pope was a heel for several months before going face, I think. I'd look up the exact time on Wikipedia but they keep spoiling TNA things for me when I just want info on a wrestler, lol.

There have been a lot of changes in the last year, definitely. I enjoy it in a lot of the cases. I mean Fortune turning face is after AJ and them have been heels for a year. I just want them to stick with some, like heel Jeff Hardy and face Mr. Anderson.

Pope vs. Joe can be great...I mean they're giving it TV time each week, but not nearly enough profile. Last week it was Pope/Bully Ray vs. Joe/Devon...they need to keep the focus on them and not bring in the former Team 3D to distract from the feud. Plus, they should step it up. Make it more intense somehow.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 7
goingtopshelf Baseball 0
Hilander Autos 2
dDave Autos 2
Mirage Money & Investing 16