• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pope: War is not the way

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
War is not the way to address injustice, Pope Francis said Sunday, in comments that appeared to distance himself further from any faith-based justification for US airstrikes in Iraq.

Pope walks back Vatican’s endorsement of Iraq airstrikes: War no way to address injustice
I can understand why he would say this, can't be looking like he endorses war. However what does he think we should do? Sometimes war is the only way. You can no more change ISIS evil ways any other way than you could have people like Hitler.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think most Christians are against all wars and never have been. I think sometimes even Christians see war as necessary.

Thoughts?

dDave

V.I.P.
The Pope, being the figure that he is, would take a lot of heat for endorsing any war. Just imagine the headlines POPE SAYS IT'S TIME TO GO TO WAR, doesn't that just sound strange for some reason?

No doubt, war is simply the right answer sometimes (as bad as war may be) but don't expect the Pope to endorse it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If there was ever a Pope to endorse war, this would be the one who would do it

But yeah, not surprised he feels this way

I am not someone who usually says yes, let's go to war. But fuck ISIS, blow them up

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really don't expect the pope to endorse it but I would like to know what he thinks a good alternative would be. Only thing he said is it wasn't the answer.