• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pope Ruffles Turkey's Feathers.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Newsmax said:
Pope Francis uttered the word "genocide" on Sunday to describe the mass murder of Armenians 100 years ago, sparking fury from Turkey which slammed the term as "far from historical reality".
Pope Enrages Turkey over Armenian 'Genocide' Comments

I think its great that the pope called this what it is. I don't know why Turkey refuses to own up to it. Its not like any of the people that took part in this is alive now to be prosecuted. There is suppose to be plenty of evidence this took place so how they can keep denying it I don't know. Turkey seems to be living in a different reality.

I also don't understand why Obama won't call it genocide. He said he would but I guess its more important to keep Turkey happy. If up to 1.5 million Armenians were killed just to keep them from joining the Russian army in WWI I would call that genocide.

Here are ten things you should know about the Armenian ‘genocide’

Thoughts?