• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Popcorn: Sweet or Savoury?

sanna112

Registered Member
When you make (or buy) hot popcorn what kind do you like? I personally love a bit of buttered popcorn with a dash of salt, yum 2 kinds in 1! :lick2: Not a fan of sweet though...my worst nightmare is when you get a few kernels of sweet popcorn in a salt bag at the movies :rant:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Definitely salty popcorn. In here, default is sweet popcorn in the movies if you don't specify that you want salty. And in some theatres they only have sweet popcorn.

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm not really a fan of popcorn, but sometimes a movie needs popcorn. I like it with lots and lots of butter. My step mom used to make this amazing, I have no idea what it was actually, but it was sweet and she'd pour it over the popcorn. I blame her for ruining popcorn for me, because nothing tastes as good.

Bliss

Sally Twit
The idea of salted popcorn makes me want to vomit.

I don't eat popcorn really. But, if I did, I would go with sweet. It is pretty addictive.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Both.

Traditionally, I'll just go with buttered & salted (when I'm at the movies, for example).

However, I love sweetened. it's probably my favorite of the two.

The best is to have sweet and savory together; we had a mixed tin of popcorn from my brother during the Holidays, and I loved taking some caramel and some cheddar.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I enjoy both. Kettle corn is one of my favorite snacks, but sometimes you just can't beat a bunch of butter & salt on your popcorn.

diva

Registered Member
When you make (or buy) hot popcorn what kind do you like? I personally love a bit of buttered popcorn with a dash of salt, yum 2 kinds in 1! :lick2: Not a fan of sweet though...my worst nightmare is when you get a few kernels of sweet popcorn in a salt bag at the movies :rant:
exactly. that's the same with me. i never liked sweet popcorn. i think, if it's popcorn, it has to be salted..and if there are spices sprinkled over it, even better. :)

viLky

ykLiv
This kind:

I'm not a fan of regular popcorn. It just doesn't do anything for my taste buds. Carmel added on top on the other hand makes it pretty tempting.