Poor Steve Smith

I found this blog on Yahoo that I thought was entertaining me.

Where do we go from here with Carolina's Steve Smith? It's incredibly frustrating that he didn't do a thing (one catch, four yards) against that spotty Tampa Bay secondary, though a buttoned-up game plan and a sketchy Jake Delhomme (notes) didn't help the cause. On one specific play I saw Smith beat his man and call for the ball, but the delivery came a few seconds late (and off target) – by then the initial Tampa defender arrived, with help. "Good coverage," mumbled the announcers. But that's really a flag on Delhomme, not Smith.

Monday Dinner: Carolina and the Steve Smith problem - Roto Arcade - FANTASY - Yahoo! Sports
Frustrating must be killing him and I don't exactly blame him for feeling that way, ya hear that Jake Delhomme?

Last edited:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Steve Smith's problem is that Jake Delhomme is a terrible quarterback and they have two awesome running backs with De'angelo Williams and James Stewart.

That's just how it is in Carolina...he'll have to get over it.

Or get open more.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was never a big fan of Smith to be honest with you guys, thought he's always been a bit ovverated. Don't get me wrong he has a great set the hands and he has tremoundous speed. But I wouldn't consider him one of the elite wide receivers in the league.

I also agree with you guys Delhomme is awful and it's one of main reasons why Smith is struggling.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Steve Smith's problem is that Jake Delhomme is a terrible quarterback and they have two awesome running backs with De'angelo Williams and James Stewart.

That's just how it is in Carolina...he'll have to get over it.

Or get open more.
Jonathan Stewart.

Dumbass.

Smith isn't overrated, that's retarded. Give him a better QB and you'll still see he is still a top 10 WR.