Poor packaging!

Penguin

Registered Member
I just won an auction for a small item (Gameboy game).. and the seller sent it IN A #10 ENVELOPE.

Theoretically.

Because the envelope arrived, with a plastic roll inside, one end open, and NO GAME.:shake:

When the auction states 3.01 for shipping and handling, and the item arrives with "56 cents" clearly marked on the stamp-area... there's a problem. AT LEAST he should've used a small bubble-wrap mailing bag!

Grrr.

palefrost

Registered Member
Did you contact the seller. How did you pay? Id still do a claim with paypal if you paid with them. I would also leave the correct feedback on that. So people are jerks!

Penguin

Registered Member
I've contacted the seller. I did use PayPal. I'm waiting to do a claim of any kind until I hear back from the seller. I have NOT left feedback, yet.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Has the seller already left feedback for you? (Hopefully!)

Yeah, I would definitely not leave feedback quite yet. If he/she wants to straighted out this mess then everything will be fine. Either way in the end I would probably leave a Neutral or no feedback at all.

Unless they don't fix the problem. In that case I'd leave a negative for sure, but try to get them to fix the problem first. Once you leave the negative they usually less inclined to work with you. ;)

Plumley

Registered Member
Honetly, what are people thinking? A #10 envelope? Not exactly the sturdiest of shipping containers. I hope this fool takes care of things for you.

SouthernGal

Registered Member
Are you kidding? He shipped a Gameboy game in a #10 envelope? What in the world was this seller thinking?

You have to keep us updated. I want to see what this guy has to say, and what he is going to offer to make up for this VERY big blunder!

Is this a seller who has lots of experience? I'd love to see what his other buyers have said in the past.

palefrost

Registered Member
Has the seller already left feedback for you? (Hopefully!)

Yeah, I would definitely not leave feedback quite yet. If he/she wants to straighted out this mess then everything will be fine. Either way in the end I would probably leave a Neutral or no feedback at all.

Unless they don't fix the problem. In that case I'd leave a negative for sure, but try to get them to fix the problem first. Once you leave the negative they usually less inclined to work with you. ;)
I never understood why some sellers leave feedback before you ever get the item. In my eyes the transaction is not over till the buyer leaves feedback.

sbarber77

Registered Member
I received a shirt packed in a non padded envelope one time. I was ticked 'cause it was delicate material and could have easily been ruined. It was not ruined but I stll emailed the seller to let her know I was displeased with the packaging.

Penguin

Registered Member
Yes, the seller has already left me positive feedback.

When I had no email reply, I requested contact information from ebay, and called. The seller was working, so I spoke to his wife. I explained the problem and she said she'd talk to him. I haven't heard back.

I will try again to call, but if I get no answers, I will have no choice but to do an "unreceived item" report.