• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Poor customer service

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
What do you do when you go to a place and you receive poor service. You call to complain about it, write a letter, send and email or whatever, and it seems as though no one could give a shit, but you want the situation resolved. How would you handle it?

Arcadoc

Registered Member
Several months ago my wife and I were dining at a local restaurant that had a tremendous reputation. It was supposedly so great that it was all that some of our friends talked about. When we arrived, we were greeted and led to our table, our orders were taken properly and promptly, and by the looks of the menu, we were in for a real treat. My wife's food looked fantastic, and she raved about how delicious it was. Mine, on the other hand, was somewhat less appetizing. It was supposed to be served on a hot plate, but was served on a cold plate instead. On top of that, the plate still had food particles on it from a previous meal! I sent it back, and when it's replacement came back out, the food was cold, and there was less on it than when I got it the first time. I sent it back again, but this time I told the waitress to cancel my order because if that's the best they could do, I wasn't eating there. She not only canceled my part of the ticket, she tore up my wife's part as well. She apologized to us as we left, wondering why it all happened.
That evening I sent an email to the general manager of the restaurant informing him of what had transpired. He replied that he was glad I contacted him because his waitress had already informed him of what happened that day, and that she was terribly embarrassed. He also informed me that the cook and other kitchen personnel had been "severely reprimanded". He asked that I give him my address so that he could send me a coupon for a free meal. Two days later I received an envelope which contained not only a coupon for TWO free meals, but a gift certificate worth an additional $50.00 at his restaurant.
We have been back to that restaurant since then, and every time we go there we are treated with the utmost respect and served delicious food with excellent service.
If you're not satisfied with the service you receive, let someone know about it. Sometimes it pays to complain, especially if you tell them that you will not put up with substandard products or unprofessional service.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
The funny thing is I was "kicked out" because I was open carrying a handgun... I shit you not. I was in Lowe's last week to get some things... I was minding my own business, with my daughter, walking down an aisle in a non-threatening manner looking at some stuff like I always do. After the fact (On the internet) I learned that Lowe's corporate policy regarding firearms in their store are parallel to state and local laws in which the store is located. In the case of PA, I was legal, therefore was permitted to carry on company property openly.

An employee stopped me, and was rather rude to me about my choice to open carry. He proceeded to tell me "I understand you may have a permit and all, but you can't have that in here, and that you need to leave it in the car", at which point I gave him the stuff in my cart and told him I will take my business elsewhere. Mind you I have spent thousands in that store, up to and including a riding lawn mower last spring. He did not care that I told him that, he actually seemed happy I was going to take my business elsewhere. I also told him I would spread the word to other gun owners that we are not welcome there.

I made a call to the GM after the incident, and he wasn't there that week. So I wrote a letter to corporate, and to the store to make sure he got the letter. I got no response. This is unsatisfactory. The employee obviously violated company policy, harassed and embarrassed me in a crowded store, and I have not received anything back... I'm rather irritated with this and don't know which avenue I need to take now.

Last edited:

Arcadoc

Registered Member
The funny thing is I was "kicked out" because I was open carrying a handgun... I shit you not. I was in Lowe's last week to get some things... I was minding my own business, with my daughter, walking down an aisle in a non-threatening manner looking at some stuff like I always do. After the fact (On the internet) I learned that Lowe's corporate policy regarding firearms in their store are parallel to state and local laws in which the store is located. In the case of PA, I was legal, therefore was permitted to carry on company property openly.

An employee stopped me, and was rather rude to me about my choice to open carry. He proceeded to tell me "I understand you may have a permit and all, but you can't have that in here, and that you need to leave it in the car", at which point I gave him the stuff in my cart and told him I will take my business elsewhere. Mind you I have spent thousands in that store, up to and including a riding lawn mower last spring. He did not care that I told him that, he actually seemed happy I was going to take my business elsewhere. I also told him I would spread the word to other gun owners that we are not welcome there.

I made a call to the GM after the incident, and he wasn't there that week. So I wrote a letter to corporate, and to the store to make sure he got the letter. I got no response. This is unsatisfactory. The employee obviously violated company policy, harassed and embarrassed me in a crowded store, and I have not received anything back... I'm rather irritated with this and don't know which avenue I need to take now.
I can help you there. My wife worked for Lowe's up until several months ago and she told me exactly what Lowe's company policy is on that subject.
While she did not have printed material from which to directly quote their policy, she paraphrases the following:

No person may carry or otherwise possess a firearm inside a store owned or leased by Lowe's Inc., unless that person is an active member of a local, state or federal law enforcement agency, and is authorized and/or required in performance of their duty as a law enforcement agent or officer to possess or otherwise carry a firearm on their person.
Essentially, this means that even though you have a concealed carry permit, which allows you to possess a firearm on your person in a public venue, that permit does NOT allow you to carry your firearm anywhere in Lowe's stores, vehicles, in their parking lot (unless it is otherwise secured in your own locked vehicle) or anywhere else on their private property.
Sorry, but the kid was right.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I can help you there. My wife worked for Lowe's up until several months ago and she told me exactly what Lowe's company policy is on that subject.
While she did not have printed material from which to directly quote their policy, she paraphrases the following:

No person may carry or otherwise possess a firearm inside a store owned or leased by Lowe's Inc., unless that person is an active member of a local, state or federal law enforcement agency, and is authorized and/or required in performance of their duty as a law enforcement agent or officer to possess or otherwise carry a firearm on their person.
Essentially, this means that even though you have a concealed carry permit, which allows you to possess a firearm on your person in a public venue, that permit does NOT allow you to carry your firearm anywhere in Lowe's stores, vehicles, in their parking lot (unless it is otherwise secured in your own locked vehicle) or anywhere else on their private property.
Sorry, but the kid was right.
I've seen that, and I believe it's for employee's only. I've discussed this with others on gun forums who have received this notice back from Lowe's regarding customers who carry.

Dear XXXX XXXX:

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores.

Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect federal, state and local laws regarding this.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or email [email protected]. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,
Julie Holloway
Lowe's Executive Customer Service
While we may not be a protected category under federal civil rights laws, we do consider it discrimination and we are very vocal about it. This is why I am upset about this, and want a resolution.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It makes me mad when I get poor customer service because their paid to get the job done. But with that being said I never complained to a manager or wrote a letter to say that I had bad customer service. You never know the person might be having a bad day, and the last thing he or she wants to do is serve customers for eight hours or so.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I mostly just never bring my business there again. I will go out of my way to avoid shopping there.

Did you try using the link or the phone number in that letter?

Monroe

Registered Member
I haven't had a lot of poor customer service problems.
I've worked customer service before in an upscale department store chain, and ill tell you that some of the most snobby people would come in there.
This store I worked at offered personal shoppers (for free). Some woman came in one day, threw all of her clothes at me and demanded I work as her personal shopper.
I kindly told her that that was not my job title, that I was a cashier, and that I would send for someone who could assist her. She threw a fit, made threats, and threatened to have me fired.

People that work in customer service deal with a lot of shit per day.

A high percentage of the reason why you receive poor service is not because of them, its because of you.

Im not saying to not write letters or emails or whatever, but keep in mind that people who work customer service put up with a lot of shit, and are made to do so with a smile.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
A high percentage of the reason why you receive poor service is not because of them, its because of you.
Like I mentioned tho, I was minding my own business and not bothering anyone. HE came up to me and got snotty for no reason.

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Agreed. The reason you get poor service is not always your fault.

If you're a dick about something, then yeah, not being satisfied is your own fault because now no one wants to help you.

But it pro's case, he was approached like he was a problem, which he clearly, was not.

There should definitely be someone responding to the issue.