Poo: The Taboo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HalfEatenSurprise, Oct 2, 2010.

1. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

Excretion. Pooing. Defecation. Shitting. Dumping. Offloading.

We all do it. It's about as natural as you can get. So why the taboo?
    Not that I have any respect or affiliation with faeces. I still wonder why their is such a high degree of taboo and embarrassment and shame and disgust over the subject... I suppose in that respect it is similar to some's ideologies of sex. It's an odd thing.

Please discuss...

2. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

I dont know what to discuss about poo,,, but i dont think of it as a taboo subject,, its a natural bodily function is all:-/

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I guess its a taboo subject because it's not exactly nice. It doesn't look nice etc Yes everybody does it but it's not something that's particularly nice to speak about. Plus it's a personal thing and lots of people like to keep it personal.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Well how would you feel if I took a dump and then asked you to come and have a look at it before I flushed it? It's something we have to do and should be done in private because it doesn't smell pleasant and it doesn't look nice.

5. Dekzper

Dekzper Registered Member

LOL! I love weird topics! :nod: It was dumped cause it wasn't needed so it was useless. Plants can use it though but not people. And it is a good word for anything that's useless. Embarased? Yes! :-o I def would NOT want someone watching! Dunno why but I wouldn't!
    Btw, Japanese scientists found a way to make hamburger out of it. Ewwwwwwwwwww! If I go to Japan I'll take my own food, thx!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  6. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

There is a children's book out...called....believe it or not "Everyone Poops".
    It is a private matter......just as farting and belching.....both of those too, in my opinion, should not be done in public.
    That's disgusting.
    If you have to belch or fart, and there are others around that might hear and smell it....then hold the crap till you get yourself to a bathroom or something.

7. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

What would I do? I think I'd laugh my head off...

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Iris and I were sort of talking about this the other day. She always says it is weird that I work in the medical field, yet I refuse to admit that girls poop. Okay, so I admit that they do it, I just don't want to talk about it. To me, it is a very private matter and isn't really something that I want to discuss unless it is strictly in the medical setting or a friend needs to ask me for medical advice.

As long as I don't have to look at it, smell it, hear them while going, or talk about my own bathroom use then I am fine.

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  9. MisterT

MisterT Registered Member

This thread smells like P** someone get the air freshener

10. sugar_lump

sugar_lump Registered Member

Lol, me and my partner sometimes talk about it- but only things like 'i've just had a really big one' or 'i need a poo so i'm going to the toilet'. We laugh about it, just like we laugh at everything else. Bear in mind this is usually in the comfort of our own home. We don't talk about it in public lol.