Polls - Week 1

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Major, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

2. teron

teron Registered Member

Laughable...

Another USC media love fest, kinda reminds me of their 2005 label (pre-rose bowl)

"greatest team ever"

It'll be good for a laugh once tOSU beats them and they drop their annual bomb to some half ass Pac -10 team.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Who else would you put at #1 right now? While all the other top contenders were playing D-1AA teams, USC was busy dismantling a BCS conference team on the road. Sure it's only Virginia, but they're still better than Youngstown State, Chattanooga, and Georgia Southern. The winner of the Ohio State/USC game in 10 days will deserve to be #1.

4. teron

teron Registered Member

Keep in mind, although its on the road and you hear all the talking heads saying they played a "BCS" opponent, this team was picked to finish near last of the ACC.

That means just above Duke. :shake:

You would be well suprised how well they play ball @ YSU, I use to be a student there.

Because everybody thinks this is still the Virginia team from 2007, which I might add struggled to win against their ACC counterparts and usually only did so by fewer than 3 points. In (possibly) the worst conference in the BCS affiliation.

Sure, they've produced a few draft picks over the past decade - doesn't mean there a worthy test.

So what if USC traveled? Holy shit batman!!

Suppose tOSU would have traveled to play Iowa State (Big 12)???

and blew their doors off 50-0, would they be moved too #2 just because they played against a BCS opponent?!? I guaranfuckingtee that would never happen.

...Its pretty much the fact that the larger part of the media has been on the USC jock since the greater part of 03'.

5. teron

teron Registered Member

On top of that, I'd be willing to bet serious money that YSU would give Virgina an excellent game if they were to ever play in this seson.

6. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I'm fine with USC being number one. Like Echoes said, they played a BCS conference team (one that had a new years day bowl game last year no less) and beat them more soundly than Georgia beat Georgia Southern and Ohio State beat Youngstown State.

I think they are trying to incorporate more factors into the rankings than just wins and losses this year, which I am for. That is one big step toward making the BCS system a bit more fair.